Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs Fans Are Lame?!?!

Default Chiefs Fans Are Lame?!?!

To say I was disappointed in the attendance at todays game would be an understatement. I wasn't impressed with how many seats were open for a playoff game.. This article calls our fans lame for it:

Kansas City Chiefs Fans Are Lame | bringingthehouse.com

But I disagree. I think at the very least the fans who show up give the team their all..

Agreed...and when they started filing out halfway through the 4th quarter, I yelled at them...but honestly I understood after a few more mins. Both the team and the fans were a big disappointment today.

BAH...I'm out for the night...gonna sleep off this bad mood.

Good news is they were MUCH better than I ever expected and I was more than happy to be sitting there at a home playoff game...even though they did choke it way when it mattered.

It looks like we're on the road to improvement though (story of my life). Okay I really AM going to bed to sleep off this bad mood.

Grrrrr

Why did they put that nice of a lobby for the middle ring? I know it probably makes them plenty of money, but it is never full, and quite frankly embarassing to see on TV. I was also surprised to see som many empty seats.........

I was at the game and I thought the crowd was great until things got out of hand

i'm glad i could not afford it this time, i would have been really bummed by the game and lack of fans. i only made the trip once, 2004 halloween colts game which was incredible. even my wife the jets fan was impressed. sounds like they ruined a good thing w/the corporate section

Always wondered what those yellow seats in the middle were for, they are always half full..sometimes not even half full.

Jamaal Charles [RB]
    Kansas City Chiefs 2010-2011

I've noticed the middle section at Gillette for the Patriots can sometimes be empty too.. Difference is that it is red so it doesn't quite stick out as much as the yellow at Arrowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I read a lot of tickets by the Ravens were given back. Didn't say how many. Maybe they did it on purpose to keep the Chiefs fans out so it wouldn't be as loud?

Not likely but who knows.
    Very possible, even in a losing season the chiefs stadium is known for being one of the loudest in NFL.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs4matt View Post
    Right.. and although I think the article title is a little harsh I'd have to agree with the statement, "As a fan of the Chiefs are you disappointed by your teams effort on the field? Well look no further than the stadium of open seats around you. They gave YOU the same effort you game THEM."

Fans feed off the team and the team feeds off the fans..
    There were a lot of empty seat thru out the stadium upper deck, lower deck, less expensive to high dollar. Bottom line the Chiefs Nation did not come out in mass for a PlayOff game. We can point fingers but WE are not blameless. IMHO
    Do not blame the weather my group sat the entire game no sweat if you dressed correctly.
    Last edited by billb40; 01-10-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Heck the North section could not even get close to completing the arrowhead with the cards. That was really embarrassing!!! So Chiefs Nation what do you have to say about your lack of support and attendance for the first PLAYOFF GAME IN YEARS. Course blame is placed on the coaches and players but we share with our lack of attendance. Years past one could not hear on a 3rd down attempt by an opponent Sunday the fans that where there gave all they had but there where not enough to strike the fear in the opponent that has happened before at ARROWHEAD, the past loudest stadium in the NFL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12