Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Fans Are Lame?!?!

Default Chiefs Fans Are Lame?!?!

To say I was disappointed in the attendance at todays game would be an understatement. I wasn't impressed with how many seats were open for a playoff game.. This article calls our fans lame for it:

Kansas City Chiefs Fans Are Lame | bringingthehouse.com

But I disagree. I think at the very least the fans who show up give the team their all..

I told my wife the stadium was not nearly as loud as usual. What's with the (sorry-haven't been there since 1999) yellow middle section being nearly empty? Is that the corporate seating area? I've been to a couple games here in Az and it is common for the corporate section to be near empty, but I've NEVER seen that at Arrowhead. What is the deal with that?

I read a lot of tickets by the Ravens were given back. Didn't say how many. Maybe they did it on purpose to keep the Chiefs fans out so it wouldn't be as loud?

Not likely but who knows.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I think it must be the corporate section (middle sections like that usualy are).. Still it wasn't something I expected to see at a game of this magnitude from our fans..

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I told my wife the stadium was not nearly as loud as usual. What's with the (sorry-haven't been there since 1999) yellow middle section being nearly empty? Is that the corporate seating area? I've been to a couple games here in Az and it is common for the corporate section to be near empty, but I've NEVER seen that at Arrowhead. What is the deal with that?
    Anyone in the Gold section has access to the Club Level facilities which is indoors with many tables and TV's.

I think it all kind of diminished the "home field advantage" effect that I feel is better at Arrowhead than other places in the league..

hello... people are poor. we have 43 mil people on food stamps. not everyone can afford tix anymore. but i did notice on tv that it wadnt ad loud as i remember it being in the past. qwest field made arrowhead look like a playground :/

Those yellow seats are always empty. Every game that I have been to they have been empty (even during the game).

They are upwards of $250 per ticket.

That and the article (which I haven't read yet) aside, I was very disappointed. I was in the upper level but the ENTIRE row in front of us was completely empty, as was another about 15 rows in front of us (which we proceeded to move down to). A number of the fans in front of us not only weren't loud...but the guy directly in front of me stood there with his arms crossed and I didn't see him say a word the entire game.

While the vast majority of the fans were great, I was disappointed overall. This was my first playoff game and it paled in comparison to the reg season crowds in the 90's and even during the DV era.

Not only does the team have some work to do to improve...so do the fans.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by kcnative View Post
    They are upwards of $250 per ticket.

That and the article (which I haven't read yet) aside, I was very disappointed. I was in the upper level but the ENTIRE row in front of us was completely empty, as was another about 15 rows in front of us (which we proceeded to move down to). A number of the fans in front of us not only weren't loud...but the guy directly in front of me stood there with his arms crossed and I didn't see him say a word the entire game.

While the vast majority of the fans were great, I was disappointed overall. This was my first playoff game and it paled in comparison to the reg season crowds in the 90's and even during the DV era.

Not only does the team have some work to do to improve...so do the fans.

JMO
    Right.. and although I think the article title is a little harsh I'd have to agree with the statement, "As a fan of the Chiefs are you disappointed by your teams effort on the field? Well look no further than the stadium of open seats around you. They gave YOU the same effort you game THEM."

Fans feed off the team and the team feeds off the fans..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast