Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver OC Mike McCoy to KC next season? ESPN Article.

Default Denver OC Mike McCoy to KC next season? ESPN Article.

Now that the Kansas City Chiefs' season is over, the team is strongly considering Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy as the replacement for Charlie Weis, according to sources.

Weis is leaving the Chiefs after one year as offensive coordinator to accept an identical assignment with the Florida Gators.
    McCoy joined the Broncos in 2009 when Josh McDaniels was hired as head coach. McDaniels handled play-calling but McCoy assumed those duties when McDaniels was fired on Dec. 6. The playbook and terminology that was employed by McDaniels and McCoy is comparable to what the Chiefs have utilized since Todd Haley became coach in 2009.
    McCoy was under contract with the Broncos through the 2010 season, sources said.
    Prior to joining the Broncos, the 38-year-old McCoy was hired in 2000 by the Carolina Panthers and served in a variety of offensive assistant posts, including quarterbacks coach and passing coordinator.
    Kansas City was eliminated from the AFC playoffs after a 30-7 to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday in the wild-card round.
    Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-10-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think that if he were to leave for the NFL it would be to the head coaching postion. I don't see him leaveing his head coaching job to be an assistant. Just something that is rare to see.
    Same thing I was thinking. This guy is in the national championship game. Great OC candidate though.
    I think Haley wants someone to run Haleys offense not their own. I think this is ultimately why Charlie is leaving. Two many egos in that office. Period.

I don't know anything about him to say NO or Yes. We would have to trust in the Pioli and Haley.

I do know the Chiefs want a QB guy, who knows our system.

From what I heard, Rumors about Weis leaving were directly reltated to the lack of relationship between him and Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know anything about him to say NO or Yes. We would have to trust in the Pioli and Haley.

I do know the Chiefs want a QB guy, who knows our system.

From what I heard, Rumors about Weis leaving were directly reltated to the lack of relationship between him and Cassel.
    I dont know if it was the relationship with Cassel because what I have heard was that Cassel loved Weiss

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I dont know if it was the relationship with Cassel because what I have heard was that Cassel loved Weiss
    I have heard that too, but that was always from the Haley haters making it about Haley and Weis. The First thing Weis said when he got here, was to fix the Qb and basically blamed the lack of offense on Cassle. I heard that with my own ears from Weis's mouth. Now if I was Cassel, that would offend me. Then when Cassel got pulled out of the game the other day, speculations were because he was changing the plays. The same plays Weis is calling. Then news of Weis's departure came a week later.

I am guessing things escalated in the locker room and it was either Cassel goes or Weis goes.

Since then Cassel has looked horrible.

I tend to wonder if Weis is calling plays to sabatoge Cassel the last two weeks, but that is my conspiracy theory.

Again, this is just rumors I have heard on the radio. I don't know if it holds truth.

I have heard that too, but that was always from the Haley haters making it about Haley and Weis. The First thing Weis said when he got here, was to fix the Qb and basically blamed the lack of offense on Cassle. I heard that with my own ears from Weis's mouth. Now if I was Cassel, that would offend me. Then when Cassel got pulled out of the game the other day, speculations were because he was changing the plays. The same plays Weis is calling. Then news of Weis's departure came a week later.

I am guessing things escalated in the locker room and it was either Cassel goes or Weis goes.

Since then Cassel has looked horrible.

I tend to wonder if Weis is calling plays to sabatoge Cassel the last two weeks, but that is my conspiracy theory.

Again, this is just rumors I have heard on the radio. I don't know if it holds truth.
    Well the rumor on the radio now is that Haley took over calling the offensive plays in the second half. Whats frustrating is that the Chiefs are so sealed tight they dont want anybody knowing anything that we get all these rumors and as a Chiefs fan I just want to know the truth good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Well the rumor on the radio now is that Haley took over calling the offensive plays in the second half. Whats frustrating is that the Chiefs are so sealed tight they dont want anybody knowing anything that we get all these rumors and as a Chiefs fan I just want to know the truth good or bad.
    If this is true, Haley is even more talented mulit tasker than anyone can imagine, because I saw him giving the refs a once over while we were on offense. It would take tons of talent to ride a refs butt and call plays at the same time.

If this is true, Haley is even more talented mulit tasker than anyone can imagine, because I saw him giving the refs a once over while we were on offense. It would take tons of talent to ride a refs butt and call plays at the same time.
    Very true. Looking forward to his press conference this week. I think there was major conflict between Weis and Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Very true. Looking forward to his press conference this week. I think there was major conflict between Weis and Haley.
    I think you are dead on, and I hate being right all the time darn it, it is such a curse!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The Broncos pass to run ratio was like 70/30.

If we get him there goes our run game.

He's like a mike marts on buttcrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think you are dead on, and I hate being right all the time darn it, it is such a curse!

Well have our burdens to bear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast