Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denver OC Mike McCoy to KC next season? ESPN Article.

Default Denver OC Mike McCoy to KC next season? ESPN Article.

Now that the Kansas City Chiefs' season is over, the team is strongly considering Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy as the replacement for Charlie Weis, according to sources.

Weis is leaving the Chiefs after one year as offensive coordinator to accept an identical assignment with the Florida Gators.
    McCoy joined the Broncos in 2009 when Josh McDaniels was hired as head coach. McDaniels handled play-calling but McCoy assumed those duties when McDaniels was fired on Dec. 6. The playbook and terminology that was employed by McDaniels and McCoy is comparable to what the Chiefs have utilized since Todd Haley became coach in 2009.
    McCoy was under contract with the Broncos through the 2010 season, sources said.
    Prior to joining the Broncos, the 38-year-old McCoy was hired in 2000 by the Carolina Panthers and served in a variety of offensive assistant posts, including quarterbacks coach and passing coordinator.
    Kansas City was eliminated from the AFC playoffs after a 30-7 to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday in the wild-card round.
    Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-10-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Disappointed to see this...maybe I'm just in a bad mood because of the game...but what exactly would this guy bring to the table?

Maybe the rumors were right. Hiring a guy like this makes me think Haley really does want a "yes" man in there at OC. I guess it was inevitable but it worries me.

It's not official but I was hoping to get a "real" OC here and not someone who really doesn't have much OC/playcalling experience. If we're gonna do that, why not just promote Sirianni?

The fact that he's a donk reject doesn't help...and I guess I'm still sore from the game. Oh well...I'm still a Chief fan and will love it the day that the FINALLY break this freaking playoff curse

FML

</rant>

Eh, does not seem all that good of a move to me. I have no doubt the guy would come over though, there is nothing for him in Denver as he will certainly be looking for a job when the new head coach is chosen.

I am not sure who else would fill the role any better though, we almost have to go with someone like this because anyone who has been in the league for a while would have their own opinions that likely would brissle with Haley.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't know much about the guy. But I wonder where Espn's sources are. The Chiefs are too tight lipped to let this slip so soon. Unleeessssss, they let this information out as a smoke screen.

What about the coach from the oregon ducks he is a mastermind and would make a great OC imo.

I dont like this move

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    What about the coach from the oregon ducks he is a mastermind and would make a great OC imo.
    He might but I don't think he would leave to be an Oc in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He might but I don't think he would leave to be an Oc in the NFL
    What make you think that? I thought most all coaches wanted to be in the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    What make you think that? I thought most all coaches wanted to be in the nfl.
    I think that if he were to leave for the NFL it would be to the head coaching postion. I don't see him leaveing his head coaching job to be an assistant. Just something that is rare to see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast