Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Default Disappointed

We possess the leagues 30th ranked defense. We needed to address the fundamental needs of stuffing the run and getting to the qb. We didn't do it. I'm trying to talk myself into the reasons why we didn't do this (I know we still have 2 5th rounders left to pick, but they are - well - 5th rounders) and this is what I came up with:
    LOLB - Vrabel/Studebaker - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    NT - Edwards/Smith - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    RILB - Mays/Belcher - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    I now have to believe that Pioli expects Crennel to get more out of these players than previous coaches were unable to do. Maybe he puts Demorrio Williams and DJ side by side at the ILB positions to help stuff the run. I don't know. I don't see Crennel getting any more speed out of Vrabel to help Hali get some qb pressure. And I don't see Crennel adding 30 lbs to Shaun Smith to stuff the middle of the line. Unless Pioli has something else in mind before the season starts, I don't understand why these basic concerns weren't dealt with.
    Not all doom and gloom though. Berry is a player. But he will need some help in front of him. And our sorry special teams improved dramatically with our 2 2nd round picks. I just hope Pioli knows what he's doing by not addressing the above mentioned needs in this years draft.
    SHUT IT

I Do think that they should've drafted a LB in the 3rd instead of drafting a CB but now I think they should draft a NT at 5a and a LB at 5b.

Oh for the love of....

We're not even through the draft, and the panic has already begun......

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Oh for the love of....

We're not even through the draft, and the panic has already begun......
    We have two 5th round picks left - thats it. Odds are they won't be impact players at positions we need them to be. These needs will have to be met with free agents...
    SHUT IT

All I can say is I hope Berry can come up and make alot of plays.Without any good Linebackers or NT .Berry will have like 500 tackles this season. lol So what ever you pay him,double it.He is going to get a workout.What tackles Berry doesnt get Flowers will get.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    All I can say is I hope Berry can come up and make alot of plays.Without any good Linebackers or NT .Berry will have like 500 tackles this season. lol So what ever you pay him,double it.He is going to get a workout.What tackles Berry doesnt get Flowers will get.
    I'm pretty sure he will! As everyone knows, I've been really liking berry for months now and I'm ecstatic that he was drafted 5th overall! In that time I've watched countless highlight reels of him 'making plays' and for me right now, it's hard to imagine him NOT making big plays.

Here's a smattering of the stuff we've done since the season ended:

Defensive Line- Shaun Smith , NT

Offensive Line- Ryan Lijia, G (FA) (Listed on NFL.com as a Center)
    Casey Wiegman, C (FA)
    Jon Asamoah, G (Draft)

WR- Jerheme Urban, (FA)
    Chris Chambers (Re-Signed)

RB (A back to pound between tackles)- Thomas Jones
    Dexter McCluster (Return Man?)

Safety- Eric Berry

Corner- Javier Arenas (Also a possible return man)

TE- Tony Moeaki (Hey, didn’t it work out really well last time we had a TE named Tony?)

Plus, a lot of the guys of our own that we re-signed during free agency are going to be a big help, including Copper, Cox, DJ, Mays, and Studebaker.

So, we're not addressing any needs or anything this off season? I mean, we're just already quitting and calling it a rebuilding year? Nonsense, they have been making moves to improve the team all through this off season, most notably:

Romeo Crennell and Charlie Weiss.

Sorry, Bike. I'm not seeing where we need to be disappointed already.

JB

Casey Wiegman, C (FA)
    Jon Asamoah, G (Draft)

WR- Jerheme Urban, (FA)

Safety- Eric Berry

TE- Tony Moeaki (Hey, didn’t it work out really well last time we had a TE named Tony?)

Plus, a lot of the guys of our own that we re-signed during free agency are going to be a big help, including Copper, Cox, DJ, Mays, and Studebaker.

So, we're not addressing any needs or anything this off season? I mean, we're just already quitting and calling it a rebuilding year? Nonsense, they have been making moves to improve the team all through this off season, most notably:

JB
    REP for you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We possess the leagues 30th ranked defense. We needed to address the fundamental needs of stuffing the run and getting to the qb. We didn't do it. I'm trying to talk myself into the reasons why we didn't do this (I know we still have 2 5th rounders left to pick, but they are - well - 5th rounders) and this is what I came up with:
    LOLB - Vrabel/Studebaker - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    NT - Edwards/Smith - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    RILB - Mays/Belcher - Sorry. I don't have an answer why we didn't address this.
    I now have to believe that Pioli expects Crennel to get more out of these players than previous coaches were unable to do. Maybe he puts Demorrio Williams and DJ side by side at the ILB positions to help stuff the run. I don't know. I don't see Crennel getting any more speed out of Vrabel to help Hali get some qb pressure. And I don't see Crennel adding 30 lbs to Shaun Smith to stuff the middle of the line. Unless Pioli has something else in mind before the season starts, I don't understand why these basic concerns weren't dealt with.
    Not all doom and gloom though. Berry is a player. But he will need some help in front of him. And our sorry special teams improved dramatically with our 2 2nd round picks. I just hope Pioli knows what he's doing by not addressing the above mentioned needs in this years draft.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Casey Wiegman, C (FA)
    Jon Asamoah, G (Draft)

WR- Jerheme Urban, (FA)

Safety- Eric Berry

JB
    I'm not saying WE are disappointed. I'm saying I am disappointed. And not with all the off-season moves as you mentioned. I was just referring to the draft and not filling the holes that I mentioned below.
    And its ok that we disagree. If everybody had the same opinion around here this would be a pretty boring place to be. But I will assume that we both want the Chiefs to succeed this year and get to the playoffs!! And next - the superbowl!!
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast