Thread: The season that was.

Default The season that was.

Yesterday was a kick in the gut in what was a pretty good season. The way the season ended will leave a bitter taste in our mouthes till the start of next season or at least the Draft.

Outside of yesterdays game this was a amazing season. I don't think that many people thought that we would go 10-6. And I no that there were not many that thought we had a chance to win the AFC west. Despite the horrible ending all in all this was a good season to be a CHIEFS fan.

Offense- The Offense was far improved over a season ago. They were still a bit inconsitant but they were able to have more up games then down.

Matt Cassel showed that he can be a good starter in the NFL. He had some down games. He needs to continue to inprove this offseason.If he can make the jump that he made from last season to this again then we will have one of the best QBS in the NFL.

The running game was simply great. The o line held up and played much better then anyone thought. And that helped us win some ball games. The fact that we now have Charles locked up is nothing but good things.

D bowe had a pro bowl season. But IMO he also showed why he is not a number 1 Wr. He is just inconsitant. He had games that he looked amazing. Then there were games like home against denver and yesterday he gets shut out. We can't have that. We need help at the WR spot. Bowe is a good peace he is just not the center peace for an NFL offense.

Defense- The Defense was also much inproved. The run d shut down some of the best RBs in the NFL. They to were inconsitant but they for sure showed big time improvement at stopping the run. The secoundary despite being VERY young held there own. They should be even more improved going into next season.

Coaching- Anther department in witch the Chiefs showed improvement. Todd Haley coached as good as anyone in the NFL. He earned Coach of the year talk. There we still things he needs to work on like learning when to take a field goal and when to go for it on 4th down. But He was a good head coach this year. Hopefully he finds a OC that is a better fit then weis was. And Romeo returns to lead our defense. But I for one am happy with our current head coach.

Overall despite the kick in the gut we all got yesterday it's hard not to be happy with where this football team is. From 2-14 two years ago to 10-6 is a huge jump. Hopefully we see even more improvement we are going to need it. The road to the AFC west is going to be much harder next season. But it's ours I don't think we should give it up. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19-0 till proven otherwise.

I am happy, yes we lost bad but, Ask any chiefs fan before preseason if we would like to have another 2 or 4 win season or go 10-6 win the AFC and HOST a playoff game and lose that game bad, and I think we would all take 10-6 with a bad playoff loss then what we had the last couple of seasons. I am not going to complain about this season anymore its in the past so lets get to the draft so we can start to dream about our team of the future...it is a bright one!

Excellent post Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    I am happy, yes we lost bad but, Ask any chiefs fan before preseason if we would like to have another 2 or 4 win season or go 10-6 win the AFC and HOST a playoff game and lose that game bad, and I think we would all take 10-6 with a bad playoff loss then what we had the last couple of seasons. I am not going to complain about this season anymore its in the past so lets get to the draft so we can start to dream about our team of the future...it is a bright one!
    I have to agree I am very satisfied with the whole season because in the beginning of the year I thought that 8-8 would be a great season. Yes we lost bad and I was disappointed but I cant complain about the season as a whole.

Great thread. Yesterday was painful, but not as painful as 2008 and 2009. Those seasons made me feel like I did yesterday for 4 months straight. The future is brighter in KC than any other AFC West team.
    Did anyone else hear about the story below. What a mess in Chokeland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Great thread. Yesterday was painful, but not as painful as 2008 and 2009. Those seasons made me feel like I did yesterday for 4 months straight. The future is brighter in KC than any other AFC West team.
    Did anyone else hear about the story below. What a mess in Chokeland!!!

I would not mind going after Asoumugha maybe move carr to safety. I think we would be a better D. don't see that happening though

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would not mind going after Asoumugha maybe move carr to safety. I think we would be a better D. don't see that happening though
    This guy is going to be the highest paid free agent available. Huge bucks, no way Pioli bites IMO.