Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Weis stripped of playcalling duties at Halftime

Default Charlie Weis stripped of playcalling duties at Halftime

From Rotoworld.com

"Bob Fescoe of 610 Kansas City reports that Chiefs coach Todd Haley stripped OC Charlie Weis' play-calling duties at halftime of Sunday's 30-7 loss to Baltimore.
    The Chiefs were down just 10-7 at the half, and didn't put a single point on the board in the final two quarters. Clearly the most dynamic player on the field in the game, Jamaal Charles received just three second-half touches. Kansas City's offense fell apart after news of Weis' departure broke prior to Week 17, and Haley only exacerbated the problem in the most important game of the season. Haley is now believed to be pursuing a puppet-type offensive coordinator to replace Weis, who is heading to the University of Florida"

This is absolutely and utterly ridiculous from Haley. We go into halftime down 10-7 and he takes away Weis's playcalling duties? Did anyone else see how horrendous the offense was in the 2nd half? I'm sorry, this is a horrible coaching move by Todd Haley in the biggest game of his head coaching career.

Hate to say it, but Whitlock was right. Haley let's his ego get the best of him. To strip Weis of his playcalling duties after the offense moved the ball very well in the first half is stupid. I can't remember the last time I've been this angry about a boneheaded coaching move.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-10-2011 at 02:04 PM.

I have been a supporter of Haley for the entire ride this far, but I will not support these kind of egotistical bs moves.

If this report is true anyways...

If that's true & I believe it is, then yesterdays loss can be pinned on Haley & someone should kick him right square in his groin.

I am not sure if i am a believer of this or not but if true it just shows that it's good we and charlie are moveing on.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I am not sure if i am a believer of this or not but if true it just shows that it's good we and charlie are moveing on.

If it is true, its obvious that the problem isnt Charile, nor was it Gailey. The problem is our HC and his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    If it is true, its obvious that the problem isnt Charile, nor was it Gailey. The problem is our HC and his ego.
    I just have never been one to buy into the whole ego thing. This would make me start to wonder. But seeing that we are the afc west champs I will give Haley the benfit of the doubt that he thought it would be better for the team. But we can't do things like that to make us better.

Ridiculous if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I just have never been one to buy into the whole ego thing. This would make me start to wonder. But seeing that we are the afc west champs I will give Haley the benfit of the doubt that he thought it would be better for the team. But we can't do things like that to make us better.

Me neither, but after yesterdays disastrous second half I am looking for some fish to fry, ya dig? lol.

Bob Fescoe is a pot stirring rating idiot. I don't believe half of what he says as he does it just to get people to listen to his show.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Bob Fescoe is a pot stirring rating idiot. I don't believe half of what he says as he does it just to get people to listen to his show.
    If you read Bob's quote it also says that Charlie Weis was telling anyone who would listen this story. This is 2nd hand information. Not info from Weis to Fescoe.

"Jamaal Charles had just finished speaking to us literally five minutes maybe before that. I received a text from someone up in the Northland, and I received another one from someone this morning that was in the same pizza shop, not Pizza Shoppe, but a pizza location up there in the Northland......They both said Charlie Weis was up there telling anybody who would listen that Todd Haley took second half play calling duties away from him in the second half yesterday."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast