Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Free Agents

Default 2011 NFL Free Agents

2011 NFL Free Agents: DB

This gives you access to the 2011 free agents from footballs future

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    To be fair, we kept McGraw because he's a terrific special teams player, special teams captain if my memory serves.

It isn't his fault that he keeps being thrust into a starting safety role.
    It aint his fault, but for him to try and be a leader for our safeties is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    It aint his fault, but for him to try and be a leader for our safeties is crazy
    True. To be a leader for our special teams, however, he's ideally suited.

True. To be a leader for our special teams, however, he's ideally suited.
    Ya I kind of forgot him being a special teams leader.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I will agree about Vrable, Lilja and Wieggmann but McGraw and Chambers? McGraw was in Kansas City before Pioli got to Kansas City. McGraw is a career back up. He doesn't know what it takes to become a stud in the secondary we just kept McGraw because we needed depth. Also Chambers was picked up because we needed depth in the WR position. How can Chambers be a veteran leader when he cant even get on the sidelines let alone the field during our playoff game. Chambers has a poor attitude and he will be gone after this year.
    I know that McGraw has been a career back up, and Chambers didn't work out. I was merely stating that the reason Pioli kept McGraw, and brought in Chambers was to be a veteran presence and mentor the young guys. Pioli and Haley believe in building and developing young talent which they draft, and sprinkle in a few veteran players to mentor the young guys and help them develop (not as stop gap players like others view FA.)

I think they might go after Champ Bailey for this same reason and move him to safety like he has been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I know that McGraw has been a career back up, and Chambers didn't work out. I was merely stating that the reason Pioli kept McGraw, and brought in Chambers was to be a veteran presence and mentor the young guys. Pioli and Haley believe in building and developing young talent which they draft, and sprinkle in a few veteran players to mentor the young guys and help them develop (not as stop gap players like others view FA.)

I think they might go after Champ Bailey for this same reason and move him to safety like he has been talking about.
    I know, I know, it isn't our style. But signing Champ Bailey (for our FS) and Nnamdi Asomugha would give us the greatest secondary maybe in NFL history.

I know, I know, it isn't our style. But signing Champ Bailey (for our FS) and Nnamdi Asomugha would give us the greatest secondary maybe in NFL history.

I can see one, but not both.

Honestly I would rather have Bailey because he is willing to move to safety. Nnamdi more than likely wants to remain as a Corner.

I am happy with Flowers and Carr at our corners. I think our secondary is one player away from being one of the best in the league.

Yeah I would love both, but realistically we probably won't get both, or maybe any. If we could only get one I would take Bailey because he is willing to move to safety (this position needs more help rather than McGraw and Ricky Price haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I can see one, but not both.

Honestly I would rather have Bailey because he is willing to move to safety. Nnamdi more than likely wants to remain as a Corner.

I am happy with Flowers and Carr at our corners. I think our secondary is one player away from being one of the best in the league.

Yeah I would love both, but realistically we probably won't get both, or maybe any. If we could only get one I would take Bailey because he is willing to move to safety (this position needs more help rather than McGraw and Ricky Price haha.
    I like Carr, and I'd love to keep him around. But he can easily be upgraded.

If you have the opportunity to get two lockdown CBs, get two lockdown CBs.

Agreed. Carr is one of my favorite "unknown" players that have stepped up for the Chiefs since being drafted.

I would love to keep him around and hope they do. But would only want to see him replaced by a lock down like Nnamdi A.

While I'd like to agree with you I can't. This year it was apparent to me that for passing that Berry was obviously a rookie. We got beat by tight ends as if we were red headed step children...my apologies to any red headed step children. We HAVE to lock down any tight end so my thought would be to upgrade our safety position and go out and get Bailey.

We got several coverage sacks this year and if we can shut down the tight end that number will only go up next year. My thought would be to try and fill the defense with free agents and then use the draft to get O-line and WR's along with a true backup QB. Our defense showed vast improvement this year and I think we're only a few spots away which hopefully gives my previous statement some truth.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    While I'd like to agree with you I can't. This year it was apparent to me that for passing that Berry was obviously a rookie. We got beat by tight ends as if we were red headed step children...my apologies to any red headed step children. We HAVE to lock down any tight end so my thought would be to upgrade our safety position and go out and get Bailey.

We got several coverage sacks this year and if we can shut down the tight end that number will only go up next year. My thought would be to try and fill the defense with free agents and then use the draft to get O-line and WR's along with a true backup QB. Our defense showed vast improvement this year and I think we're only a few spots away which hopefully gives my previous statement some truth.
    How is that disagreeing with what I wrote?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast