Thread: I've moved! Living in Kansas City now!! YEEHAW!

Threaded View

Default I've moved! Living in Kansas City now!! YEEHAW!

December was a very busy month for me, as well as physically and emotionally draining! ~Bittersweet~

First, for several years I've volunteer counseled online, with professional counselors supporting my volunteer efforts. Mostly I provide emotional support for those in need of such, but if someone is beyond my volunteer level, then I help by guiding them to professional counselors. Many people need emotional support during the holidays and winter months especially.

Secondly, I sold my former home in mid November. The month of December brought many visits from the buyers appraiser, inspector, insurance agent, as well as, many calls from realtors on both sides finalizing legalities, etc.. There were also day long court proceedings I had to attend during December, related to violations of state laws and contempt charges against my x husband. I also spent the holiday season packing & preparing to move.

For the first time in my adult life I had no Christmas tree in my home, it wasn't feasible with having to move the week between Christmas & New Years. I wasn't able to host Christmas Day Dinner for family, as I had traditionally done since my kids were born. Everyone & everything seemed out of place this holiday season. Christmas spirit was missing among the hectic chaos and roller coaster of emotions due to selling a home & having to move. I missed attending the last two Chiefs home games as a result of being overwhelmed with packing & moving also.

As December and the holidays came to a close...God not only answered prayers, but blessed me with the most wonderful holiday season I could hope for. Most certainly I received the best Christmas gifts of my entire life. On the morning of December 29th I drove to Topeka, KS. to close the sale on my former home.. I then drove the same day from Topeka to Kansas City for a 3 PM closing on the house I bought in KC.. I began moving that evening and continued moving through New Years weekend.

I spent the first night in my new home Sunday January 2nd. I had my first visit from a Chiefs Crowd friend Sunday evening January 2nd also!! Clint aka Stricken, his mom Cheryl, and friend Justin...were in KC New Years weekend for the Chiefs home game against the Raiders. I couldn't attend the game, but after the game...Clint, Cheryl, & Justin came to my house for a visit. Clint brought me Christmas presents too!...a KC CHIEFS AFC WEST Champions t-shirt, a pair of Chiefs socks, & two jars of yummilicious 'Clint's Salsa'!! Clint then took me, his mom, & Justin out to eat dinner at the nearby Applebee's! My first night living in Kansas City is overflowing with such wonderful awesome memories!

Monday the 3rd my long week began settling in...unpacking, cleaning, organizing, etc.. I hired a fence contactor to install a 5' cedar privacy fence for my dogs security, Sunny & Dakota. The fence was complete by Friday the 7th! Looks great, but more important is my dogs are secure & safe! I wish the remainder of projects, unpacking, organizing, etc....could be done as quickly as the fence, but no suck luck, hahaha.

So...here I am...living in Kansas City, and only 20 minutes or so to Arrowhead!!! YEEHAW!!!
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-11-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: typo boo boo!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~