Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive weakest link...

Default Offensive weakest link...

Some of you might not agree with me, but I think Charlie Weiss has held the offense back this year. Playcalling this year has not been great. We never ran any reverses, flea flickers, end around or anything creative (well once or twice but...).

Then he goes and pulls this crap of telling everyone he is leaving to go to Florida 2 weeks before the end of the season. Look how the whole offense collapsed after that. Cassel, 4 Ints in 2 games. He was fine for most of the year, but after the announcement he seemed to take a step back.

In the Ravens game, same thing. With a 3 point behind score at half time, the Chiefs came out and their very first formation was 5 wide. Bowe was not even targeted at all. They seemed desperate and forced turnovers. Now not all the blame should go on the coaches, but I think its a HUGE factor.

What is your take on this whole Weiss ordeal?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Um, just because the Chiefs are now denying it doesn't make it untrue. Don't believe every press release you read. They're covering their butts because it was a disasterous move.
    The "original source" of this information, Bob Fescoe, has said that he's not sure his source is reliable either...Who knows. For now, it doesn't seem like this really did happen.

Chiefs Source On Fescoe Report: Outright Lies | Arrowhead Addict | A Kansas City Chiefs blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The "original source" of this information, Bob Fescoe, has said that he's not sure his source is reliable either...Who knows. For now, it doesn't seem like this really did happen.

Chiefs Source On Fescoe Report: Outright Lies | Arrowhead Addict | A Kansas City Chiefs blog
    Its all spin, the Chiefs are going to spin it how they want it spun, even if play calling was removed, they will never admit it and Weiss will certainly be more careful about saying anything about it again.

I said before that I don't know if it is true or not, it probably is not true, but Weiss still has plenty of things to answer for this season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

I know Fescoe's report wasn't based on overly reliable witnesses (people who saw Weis complaining at a pizza parlor). But you've got to admit that there was a radical difference in the playcalling in the 2nd half, and it was certainly more Haley-like than Weis-like (especially ignoring Charles).

I know Fescoe's report wasn't based on overly reliable witnesses (people who saw Weis complaining at a pizza parlor). But you've got to admit that there was a radical difference in the playcalling in the 2nd half, and it was certainly more Haley-like than Weis-like (especially ignoring Charles).
    I will admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Its all spin, the Chiefs are going to spin it how they want it spun, even if play calling was removed, they will never admit it and Weiss will certainly be more careful about saying anything about it again.

I said before that I don't know if it is true or not, it probably is not true, but Weiss still has plenty of things to answer for this season.
    You know, Weis did do really well this season. Bowe, Charles, and Waters are Pro Bowlers. Cassel posted his best season. We finished 1st in rushing, 12th overall in yards overall, and 14th in points. We finished 2nd in turnovers.

It seems like sour grapes at their worst that people are pretending Weis somehow did a below average job this season.

My issue this year was not the playbook, but the timing of the plays that were called.

You know, Weis did do really well this season. Bowe, Charles, and Waters are Pro Bowlers. Cassel posted his best season. We finished 1st in rushing, 12th overall in yards overall, and 14th in points. We finished 2nd in turnovers.

It seems like sour grapes at their worst that people are pretending Weis somehow did a below average job this season.
    My reference is more about the way he left the team at the end.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't think that Weis did a below average job but I also dont think Weis did an above average job either. I mean last year Charles started half the season we still had Johnson who wasnt doing crap. Last year was Cassel's first year as a starter. Bowe didn't go to Fitzgeralds camp last year. We didn't have McCluster for mismatches against defenses. We didn't have Lilja who is atleast an upgrade from last year. Barry Richardson was better this year than last year. It also was Haley's first year. IMO it is just too hard to judge Weis on how great he did because last year we were just trying to get through the season, and this year we have found a lot of weapons and the players have bought in with Haley's philosophy, so I'm not sure if we can actually grade Weis on his performance for just one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    My reference is more about the way he left the team at the end.
    Weis wasn't the one who leaked the announcement. It would have been nice if it weren't leaked at all, but that was bound to happen. Weis clearly either wanted out or was forced out.

I mean, shouldn't the fact that two well-regarded OCs have been fired/left in the past two seasons be setting of warning bells?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My issue this year was not the playbook, but the timing of the plays that were called.
    Such as?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast