Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jon fox new denver coach

Default jon fox new denver coach

ha ha bad move donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Delhomme was developed???? Really?? He was chased out of carolina by the fans and went to Cleveland and stunk there too. He is arguably the single largest reason John fox never won a Lombardi trophy.
    Does everyone here have long term memory problems? Delhomme was a Pro Bowler with the Panthers. He was a good-to-great QB from 2003 to 2007, leading the Panthers to the SB in 2003 (where he threw for 323 yards and 3 TDs, no interceptions, and a 113.6 passer). He played in the a tough division and kept the Panthers competitive year in and year out. He just got old.

John Fox never won a Lombardi trophy because (1) injuries decimated the Panthers yearly (they had the worst traiing staff in the NFL), (2) they drafted terribly, and (3) they refused to hold on to their top FAs.

Not because of Jake Delhomme.

they hired the head coach of the only team that had a worst record then them.come on are you really trying to argue and say fox is a good head coach.if he was a good head coach they would not have finished with the worst record in the nfl.i dont care what excuses he has. your players either want to play for ya or they dont.they were not even competative in 70% of there games.and people think he is a good coach ha

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    they hired the head coach of the only team that had a worst record then them.come on are you really trying to argue and say fox is a good head coach.if he was a good head coach they would not have finished with the worst record in the nfl.i dont care what excuses he has. your players either want to play for ya or they dont.they were not even competative in 70% of there games.and people think he is a good coach ha
    Is that directed at me? As I said earlier:

"Fox is a good hire for them - in the short term. He's not going to lead them to a SB or even probably a playoff spot, but he'll instill discipline, help develop Tebow (he did wonders with Delhomme) and help rebuild the defense. Best of all, he doesn't get involved in front office affairs. He wants to coach, not be in charge of player personnel. He won't firesale his best players McDaniels-style.

That said, he isn't the strongest coach, he generally does poor in developing offensive skill players, and his teams always seem to be injured/beat up.

I think he'll have some nice 6-10 to 9-7 sorts of years while rebeuilding the team. He'll then be replaced for someone younger who can make the Broncos truly competitive."

He's not a great coach, but he was a good hire for the Broncos. People don't realize how bad that team is. They need someone inoffensive who can develop some building blocks on defense and offense. They need someone who won't meddle with front office decsions. Most of all, they need a competent coach who doesn't mind not being a championship contender - Fox is the best they could get.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Is that directed at me? As I said earlier:

"Fox is a good hire for them - in the short term. He's not going to lead them to a SB or even probably a playoff spot, but he'll instill discipline, help develop Tebow (he did wonders with Delhomme) and help rebuild the defense. Best of all, he doesn't get involved in front office affairs. He wants to coach, not be in charge of player personnel. He won't firesale his best players McDaniels-style.

That said, he isn't the strongest coach, he generally does poor in developing offensive skill players, and his teams always seem to be injured/beat up.

I think he'll have some nice 6-10 to 9-7 sorts of years while rebeuilding the team. He'll then be replaced for someone younger who can make the Broncos truly competitive."

He's not a great coach, but he was a good hire for the Broncos. People don't realize how bad that team is. They need someone inoffensive who can develop some building blocks on defense and offense. They need someone who won't meddle with front office decsions. Most of all, they need a competent coach who doesn't mind not being a championship contender - Fox is the best they could get.
    not directed at you i live near denver and all i have out here are donkey fans.and they are actually buying into this jon fox ordeal

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Does everyone here have long term memory problems? Delhomme was a Pro Bowler with the Panthers. He was a good-to-great QB from 2003 to 2007, leading the Panthers to the SB in 2003 (where he threw for 323 yards and 3 TDs, no interceptions, and a 113.6 passer). He played in the a tough division and kept the Panthers competitive year in and year out. He just got old.

John Fox never won a Lombardi trophy because (1) injuries decimated the Panthers yearly (they had the worst traiing staff in the NFL), (2) they drafted terribly, and (3) they refused to hold on to their top FAs.

Not because of Jake Delhomme.
    I agree. I think Jake D. had some solid years and then simply dried up. Saying that he was "chased out" of town by Carolina is a little extreme, as a previous poster suggested. Kurt Warner was "chased out" of St. Louis and New York before he finally landed in Arizona and almost won another Super Bowl. Just because of his falling out in St Louis and NY, I don't think anyone here would claim Warner was a bad QB. Bottom line: Just because Jake D. got old and lost his touch doesn't make him a historically bad quarterback.
    Last edited by Daylights; 01-17-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Decree from Chiefster: You have mentioned he who can not be mentioned here. You are BANNED!!!! BANNED I SAY!!!!!!

real bad decision lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123