Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jon fox new denver coach

Default jon fox new denver coach

ha ha bad move donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    It wasnt Fox who did wonders with Delhoome. It was Mike McCoy who did that, and McCoy was doing that this year with Tebow. Fox is a defensive minded coach and doesn't know much about coaching up the QB's
    Fox had a great deal to do with Delhomme. Just as defensive-oriented Belichick had a great deal to do with Brady. Whether or not a young QB succeeds or fails is at least as much to do with the HC as it does the QB coach, whether he's a primarily defensive guy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Fox had a great deal to do with Delhomme. Just as defensive-oriented Belichick had a great deal to do with Brady. Whether or not a young QB succeeds or fails is at least as much to do with the HC as it does the QB coach, whether he's a primarily defensive guy or not.
    I believe Charlie Weis is the one that got all the credit for working with Brady. Haley doesn't get credit for developing Cassel, that was Weis. Haley gets credit for developing WR's because thats his nitch. Fox's nitch is defense its not QB's.

I believe Charlie Weis is the one that got all the credit for working with Brady. Haley doesn't get credit for developing Cassel, that was Weis. Haley gets credit for developing WR's because thats his nitch. Fox's nitch is defense its not QB's.
    You are severely, severely undervaluing the impact that head coaches have on player development, especially QB development. Read Brady's comments on Belichick sometime (Brady says Belichick is the best ever).

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    You are severely, severely undervaluing the impact that head coaches have on player development, especially QB development. Read Brady's comments on Belichick sometime (Brady says Belichick is the best ever).
    I'm not saying Belichick isnt one of the best HC's the NFL has ever seen but no where in that article does that say Brady credits Belichick for developing him.

I'm not saying Belichick isnt one of the best HC's the NFL has ever seen but no where in that article does that say Brady credits Belichick for developing him.
    Brady agreed with Ryan's assessment that it's a huge advantage to have Bill Belichick on your side. "I get a ton of help from our coach," Brady said.

Read more: Brady says Belichick is the best ever

"According to quarterback Tom Brady, he does get a ton of help from coach Bill Belichick when preparing for an opponent, and he isn’t about to apologize for it."

Tom Brady agrees with Rex Ryan, Bill Belichick does help him study: "We have the best coach in the history of football" | masslive.com

Are you really claiming that who a head coach is has no impact on how a QB develops?

I'am claiming you can have a HC that doesnt no crap about how to develop a QB. There are only a few NFL coaches that really know how to develop a QB. Thats why they have QB coaches because a lot of HC's dont know how to develop a quarterback

I'am claiming you can have a HC that doesnt no crap about how to develop a QB. There are only a few NFL coaches that really know how to develop a QB. Thats why they have QB coaches because a lot of HC's dont know how to develop a quarterback
    The competence (or lack thereof) of a HC will *always* affect the development of a QB, espeically a rookie. A HC can shatter a QB's confidence by yanking him around a depth chart. By motivating or de-motivating him. By making sure he's prepared for gametime. By making sure he's complimented on the field with the correct players. In practice.

If you're just talking throwing mechanics, you're right. But there's a whole lot more to it than that.

Quite an assumption considering you have never worked in an NFL front office or alongside the coaches you are mentioning. If Fox has QB coaches to help him develop quarterbacks because of his own inadequacy in doing so, then why does the defensive-minded HC have DB and DL coaches? He knows a lot about defense, but according to your theory....he doesn't need them?

There is more to the development of QBs than what you are suggesting.
    Last edited by Daylights; 01-14-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Decree from Chiefster: You have mentioned he who can not be mentioned here. You are BANNED!!!! BANNED I SAY!!!!!!

This is getting better for the Chiefs in the AFC West. Broncos aren't getting any better, Raiders are taking 2 steps backwards, Chargers are sitting still with Norv.....
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Delhomme was developed???? Really?? He was chased out of carolina by the fans and went to Cleveland and stunk there too. He is arguably the single largest reason John fox never won a Lombardi trophy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast