Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For all you Haley lovers...

Default For all you Haley lovers...

I don't like the guy. I think he's a premadonna. He likes loafers and turtlenecks, and he's gone through two offensive coordinators in two years. And his ego just won't quit. I could see him maybe as a decent OC, but he sucks as a HC. I love the Chiefs - but I call it as I see it. If Pioli wants to win - I mean, really win - the superbowl - he needs to sh!tcan this bone and hire a HC that his players - and his fans - will stand up for.
    This outta be fun.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I'm not one to bash a HC that is involved with a 4-12 to 10-6 turn around..However, I'm not cozy with the revolving door of OC's..In order for a QB to progress, you MUST have consistancy with a OC..All you have to do is look at Alex Smith in San Francisco..That story has been a trainwreck.
    I also don't like it with the EXIT STAGE LEFT with 2 OC's in less than 2 years & no OC as of now, and they need to get that issue settled ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I'm not one to bash a HC that is involved with a 4-12 to 10-6 turn around..However, I'm not cozy with the revolving door of OC's..In order for a QB to progress, you MUST have consistancy with a OC..All you have to do is look at Alex Smith in San Francisco..That story has been a trainwreck.
    I am with ya.

I didn't like the idea of Todd Haley as our HC when he was hired. I didn't like a lot of the things that he did last season. I could even find a complaint, or two, from this season.

But the results absolutely get me over all of that.

If he opts to call the offense next season, I will disagree with the idea.

But, if he winds-up getting results that are up to my expectations, then he won't lose support from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Same here, and I don't think it was ever said that Weis and Haley had problems. I think it is inferred because Haley and Gailey had differences.
    I agree. Also, Haley is one who is vocal and demonstrative enough that - if there were problems between him and Weis - something would have been caught be a sideline camera during one of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I agree. Also, Haley is one who is vocal and demonstrative enough that - if there were problems between him and Weis - something would have been caught be a sideline camera during one of the games.
    I am not sure anymore what we are talking about here, but there have been many times that Haley has been seen yelling into the headset at somebody. Not sure if that was Weiss, Cassel or someone else. Since Weiss was always up in the booth, you are not going to ever see Haley getting in his face like you might if he was on the sideline.

I guess my point is that no evidence in this case, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Ultimately, Haley is not going anywhere and any discussion to a replacement for him is fruitless. One might have made a case for it if we had gone 2 and 14 again, but that did not happen. A coach that went from 4 and 12 to 10 and 6 in one season and wins Coach of the year honors, does not get fired.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Same here, and I don't think it was ever said that Weis and Haley had problems. I think it is inferred because Haley and Gailey had differences.
    Haley and Gailey left on good terms, they had different offensive philosophies. In my book Haley made the correct but hard choice of letting Gailey go, because if he had stayed they would have either clashed because of it, or the team would have been held back one year before it could start to implement Haleys system.
    That choice was hard, because he took not only the extra work, but also the responsibility/blame.

Whether Weiss and Haley couldn't get along or if Weiss really wanted to be with his son.. We don't know!

The media is going with the sexy story, that they don't get along..

I haven't seen any proof to one case or another.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Haley and Gailey left on good terms, they had different offensive philosophies. In my book Haley made the correct but hard choice of letting Gailey go, because if he had stayed they would have either clashed because of it, or the team would have been held back one year before it could start to implement Haleys system.
    That choice was hard, because he took not only the extra work, but also the responsibility/blame.

Whether Weiss and Haley couldn't get along or if Weiss really wanted to be with his son.. We don't know!

The media is going with the sexy story, that they don't get along..

I haven't seen any proof to one case or another.
    I think that it was a combination of the two but your 100% right we don't and will most likely never no the whole story.

I Loooooove Our Coach!!!! Love Love Love Love Him!!!
    **ChiefsChick**

Why don't we table this discussion until next season when we get to play a much tougher sched. including away games at the jets and pats. if we only win 6 games, call for his head....if we win 10 games we can call for a contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I'm glad you like the guy.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed our home play off game all the way up until our old OC ran a sweep on 4and 1 which changed the momentum of the game.
    I mean I hate winning it when the Chiefs win a majority of the games that I paid to go watch, and I hate them winning 10 games and having a home playoff game.
    Lets hate on the guy because of what he wears and demands his players to execute and be accountable for their failures.

I think Hailey is sooo passionate about the offense that it's interfering with his Head coaching duties as well as making the right decisions for the team. If he wants to be the OC, then be the OC. Your the head coach though and deal with it. You can't be both because you proved it last year. I wish you could but I don't see it. GO CHIEFS!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast