Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Here's a name for OC

Default Here's a name for OC

Al Saunders.

Al is currently an "offensive consultant" with the Ravens.

If Haley decides not to call the plays (I can't imagine Saunders would come on if he were going to take on those duties), I think that Saunders would be a great fit. He is good at working with QB's and was here in KC during our great offensive run from 2002-2005.

I am sure he would leave an offensive consultant position for an OC job.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I think we all had a problem or two with our offense this year. A lack of screen plays. The way McCluster was used. They tried him in too many ways in stead of putting at slot receiver and letting him learn to run routes and become a great slot receiver. Too may pass plays on third and one. There was just too many head scratchers, plays that didn't make any sense at all. What ever happens, let's look for continued improvement.
    I agree with the McCluster deal. We tried to do to much with him. I think we need to chose weather he is going to be a rb or a wr and he will be better. I don't like him going back and forth. I would prefer him go to WR just because we need a lot of help there.

seems like Oakland might get Al Saunders. they got the OK to talk to him. seems like the AFC West are doing a complete overhaul. I just don't want to see Haley be calling plays next year, he already has a job and that is the head coach. I want a hire to happen quickly.

Seems like we don't do much very quickly under Pioli. I just hope we DO get an OC.

I heard a rumor that the Chiefs were waiting to talk to somebody from the Packers. Not real sure how reliable these people

From what I have heard and this is from National Media sources when interviewed on local stations. The Chiefs won't just get any OC. It has to be an OC that is tied to a specific style of offense. I guess, Josh McDaniels worked exclusively with Matt Cassel and taught him the foundation of this system that Cassel has developed around. So the Chiefs are looking for a Young up and coming OC, that understands the system and is a QB guy. They are looking for a younger guy that is not a front runner for a promotion to HC the following year or two to establish some stability.

There is talks that Haley will fill the role of OC but not entirely while he works with the current Chiefs QB coach (Nick Sirrani sp?) who currently calls the plays in to Matt. They think that Haley will let Nick game plan and call a majority of the plays with Haley calling maybe a small portion of the plays.

The other opinion is that they will promote the Offensive Line coach Bill Muir to OC. He was the OC for Tampa Bay under John Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    From what I have heard and this is from National Media sources when interviewed on local stations. The Chiefs won't just get any OC. It has to be an OC that is tied to a specific style of offense. I guess, Josh McDaniels worked exclusively with Matt Cassel and taught him the foundation of this system that Cassel has developed around. So the Chiefs are looking for a Young up and coming OC, that understands the system and is a QB guy. They are looking for a younger guy that is not a front runner for a promotion to HC the following year or two to establish some stability.

There is talks that Haley will fill the role of OC but not entirely while he works with the current Chiefs QB coach (Nick Sirrani sp?) who currently calls the plays in to Matt. They think that Haley will let Nick game plan and call a majority of the plays with Haley calling maybe a small portion of the plays.

The other opinion is that they will promote the Offensive Line coach Bill Muir to OC. He was the OC for Tampa Bay under John Gruden.
    The Tampa Bay offense wasnt all that good when Gruden was the HC was it? I thought they played Marty ball I just cant remember.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    The Tampa Bay offense wasnt all that good when Gruden was the HC was it? I thought they played Marty ball I just cant remember.
    This is national media. They probably just looked at our coaches to see who they would promote and found to viable options. But not that offense was not great. Green just out coached Callahan.

Al Saunders is going to Oakland. seems like Oakland is loading up. they are now looking for a defensive coordinator to run the 3-4. Oakland is going to be no joke. getting a good staff around the team

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast