Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Here's a name for OC

Default Here's a name for OC

Al Saunders.

Al is currently an "offensive consultant" with the Ravens.

If Haley decides not to call the plays (I can't imagine Saunders would come on if he were going to take on those duties), I think that Saunders would be a great fit. He is good at working with QB's and was here in KC during our great offensive run from 2002-2005.

I am sure he would leave an offensive consultant position for an OC job.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I am not that excited about the promotion of Muir. I guess it is OK in that it maintains continuity.

On the other hand, I wonder who will be calling the plays? I really didn't want Haley calling them.

Also, I hope we sign a QB coach.
    By Haley making the decision to hire Muir that means that Haley will be calling the plays on Sunday.

I don't know why people are complaining about Haley calling plays. Given the personel he has his first year and lack of understanding the offensive system. Who could have done better? Seriously???? Once he got rid of LJ and they used Charles.. The offense got much better. Heck Charles practically got the rushing title with half the season.

Some people just want to complain about him regardless of the situation but I do know this. None of the Haley haters, were saying Crap about him when this team was winning.

Instead of complaining about it, support it and if he fails. He will get fired and then you can complain abou him. It does no good to complain about it now. It won't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know why people are complaining about Haley calling plays. Given the personel he has his first year and lack of understanding the offensive system. Who could have done better? Seriously???? Once he got rid of LJ and they used Charles.. The offense got much better. Heck Charles practically got the rushing title with half the season.

Some people just want to complain about him regardless of the situation but I do know this. None of the Haley haters, were saying Crap about him when this team was winning.

Instead of complaining about it, support it and if he fails. He will get fired and then you can complain abou him. It does no good to complain about it now. It won't change a thing.
    I have been a Haley supporter all along. As a rule of thumb, I don't like head coaches calling the plays. I don't care who the HC is. I just think it isn't as effective as having a dedicated guy in the booth doing the play calling.

Also, I am not convinced that just because the Chiefs have hired Muir that the playcalling will be done by Haley. From what I have read, the has, yet to be decided. I am not sure that Haley will call the plays. In some sense, it doesn't matter because he can always over-ride any call he does not like, so I don't think it is a guarantee that Muir won't call the plays.

However, I think that either way, we really need a QB coach because we have dropped a coach (mind you Muir will still be working with the O-line) and it isn't like there is going to be any less to do...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567