Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Here's a name for OC

Default Here's a name for OC

Al Saunders.

Al is currently an "offensive consultant" with the Ravens.

If Haley decides not to call the plays (I can't imagine Saunders would come on if he were going to take on those duties), I think that Saunders would be a great fit. He is good at working with QB's and was here in KC during our great offensive run from 2002-2005.

I am sure he would leave an offensive consultant position for an OC job.

you don't think they're thinkin about brian schotenhimer do ya??

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    you don't think they're thinkin about brian schotenhimer do ya??
    No, I think Haley and Schotenheimer wouldnt mesh well and I dont think Brian would be ok with Haley calling the plays on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I dont want Brad Childress that dude showed everybody in america that he has no back bone and lets people walk all over him like Brett Favre

That's why Haley might want him

Quote Originally Posted by bbacker51 View Post
    That's why Haley might want him
    I would think that Haley would want somebody that Haley could walk all over but still have atleast a little back bone so Cassel wouldn't walk all over them.

Jim Zorn

Jim zorn.....Under Zorn, quarterback Joe Flacco reached career high totals in touchdowns (25) and quarterback rating (93.6), as well as a career-low 10 interceptions
    seems like a good candidate. just want some names from the people up stairs now....getting anxious!!!

I know he was the QB coach for the Ravens, but I think he can help Cassel elevate his game.
    Hasselbeck has become the franchise’s most-efficient passer (85.1 rating) while joining Zorn as the only Seahawks’ quarterback to pass for 3,000-plus yards in three consecutive seasons
    Batch’s 88.3 passer rating in 1998 season ranks as the fourth-highest rookie mark in NFL history.
    he has a pretty good resume being a QB coach, but when he took over as the Redskins head coach, he only lasted 2 years with a 12 and 20 record....so his offensive coaching might be questioned.

The Franchise's most efficient passer is a great record to have................but, don't you think that may be because they called more efficient passes up in the booth? I think a lot of QB's in the league would have had a better efficiency with the passes Cassel threw this year. I still like him for many reasons, but I don't think he is the next Joe Montana by any means

Discussion over.

I am not that excited about the promotion of Muir. I guess it is OK in that it maintains continuity.

On the other hand, I wonder who will be calling the plays? I really didn't want Haley calling them.

Also, I hope we sign a QB coach.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast