Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a name for OC

Default Here's a name for OC

Al Saunders.

Al is currently an "offensive consultant" with the Ravens.

If Haley decides not to call the plays (I can't imagine Saunders would come on if he were going to take on those duties), I think that Saunders would be a great fit. He is good at working with QB's and was here in KC during our great offensive run from 2002-2005.

I am sure he would leave an offensive consultant position for an OC job.

With AL's past and what he has proven I would think Haley would be all over it. I think Haley gets involved when he sees dumb calls at dumb times and then finds it hard to trust. Al would not create that kind of problem because the points would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Al Saunders.

Al is currently an "offensive consultant" with the Ravens.

If Haley decides not to call the plays (I can't imagine Saunders would come on if he were going to take on those duties), I think that Saunders would be a great fit. He is good at working with QB's and was here in KC during our great offensive run from 2002-2005.

I am sure he would leave an offensive consultant position for an OC job.

I was thinking the same thing!

While I love an Al Saunders offense, the one kink in his scheme is that he doesn't allow the QB to call audibles. Trent Green was always mad about it and I'd assume that Haley wouldn't be thrilled about it either.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Hate to break everybody's bubble, but there is rumour that Al Saunders may be headed to the Oakland Raiders to take the OC position there. Not confirmed yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

Al Saunders doesn't run the same offensive scheme we do. It will be some one from the Parcels, Belicke, Weis or Haley chain.
    If they aren't targeting some one still in the play offs, look for him to promote some one on his staff.

Josh McDaniels - Although I heard he interviewed in St Louis

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Hate to break everybody's bubble, but there is rumour that Al Saunders may be headed to the Oakland Raiders to take the OC position there. Not confirmed yet, so we'll have to wait and see.
    DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'd hate to see this...

Josh McDaniels is another name that I wouldn't mind. Although he was a trainwreck as an HC, I think he did a great job coaching up Orton and developing a passing offense.

I do think that he and Haley have put the whole finger pointing thing behind them enough to make this work. Plus, McDaniels is from the Belicheck chain w/ties to Pioli.

Downside is that I think he may be more controlling than what Haley is looking for...at this point ultimately what is best for Haley will be best for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    Those talks broke down he is now talking to seattle. I really don't see him going to KC. In all likelihood our new OC will be someone we have not heard a lot about

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    I dont want Josh McDaniels because I want some stability in our coaching staff. IMO if Josh McDaniels comes to Kansas City he will only be here for a year or two and then somebody will give him a second chance to be a head coach somewhere and then we are pack at square one with our OC situation.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast