Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar Hunt Trophy redesigned.

Default Lamar Hunt Trophy redesigned.

AFC Championship Game To Award New Lamar Hunt Trophy - the hit list - SB Nation Cleveland

Like or don't, I think the old design should have stayed. Gotta wonder what Lamar Hunt would think.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Why redesign it? Why? Have they EVER redesigned the Vince Lombardi trophy? I think NOT!!!
    THIS! ^

It's not a matter of liking or disliking the redesign, it's a matter of principle & respect for history. I don't understand why those with power don't comprehend the theory, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I'm so weary of constant need for change in our very impatient restless society! Some things are sacred and should be respected as such, meaning let it be!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    THIS! ^

It's not a matter of liking or disliking the redesign, it's a matter of principle & respect for history. I don't understand why those with power don't comprehend the theory, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I'm so weary of constant need for change in our very impatient restless society! Some things are sacred and should be respected as such, meaning let it be!
    Change is one of the few constants in the universe, but it doesn't mean that it's good all the time. I like the original model better as well.

why change it,... because they can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    why change it,... because they can!!!
    Some, not me, but some could take this change as the first step to pulling Hunt's name from the trophy. I mean afterall, if we can change the design, what keep's us from calling it the Al Davis trophy when and if Al Davis ever kicks the bucket?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Some, not me, but some could take this change as the first step to pulling Hunt's name from the trophy. I mean afterall, if we can change the design, what keep's us from calling it the Al Davis trophy when and if Al Davis ever kicks the bucket?

i think his trophy would be called "THE LUNATIC MEMORIAL"

Perish the thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Change is one of the few constants in the universe, but it doesn't mean that it's good all the time. I like the original model better as well.
    Oh, I understand change is simply a natural part of life, and often necessary, as well as for the best. It's unecessary change, or that isn't for the best...that which indirectly reflects disrespect for something of sentimental, historical, traditional, moral, or principle value...which I take issue with. For instance, all the 'political correctness' stuff...being told it's not appropriate to say 'Merry Christmas', rather now should say, "Happy Holidays". :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Oh, I understand change is simply a natural part of life, and often necessary, as well as for the best. It's unecessary change, or that isn't for the best...that which indirectly reflects disrespect for something of sentimental, historical, traditional, moral, or principle value...which I take issue with. For instance, all the 'political correctness' stuff...being told it's not appropriate to say 'Merry Christmas', rather now should say, "Happy Holidays". :(
    Absolutely! I, too, am so sick of the PC garbage.

I think the most important trophy is in a couple weeks.... all the ones before it dont really matter that much imo.

I got a good look at it last night and is does seem cheaper looking, don't like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12