Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jon fox new denver coach

Default jon fox new denver coach

ha ha bad move donkeys

Only one team in the NFL had a worse record than Denver this year. Anyone know who it was and who their coach was?

Not to upset they signed him don't think that he is that much of an upgrade then what they had there before.

he is not very well at drafting either

If what you all say is true then this is all fine with me.

I love how the teams in the AFC West just keep making dumb moves

Despite the bad year last year, Fox certainly isn't a bad coach. He's been to a Super Bowl and won some division championships with the Panthers. He'll make the Broncos competitive, but hopefully not enough to be taking any AFC West championships from us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Despite the bad year last year, Fox certainly isn't a bad coach. He's been to a Super Bowl and won some division championships with the Panthers. He'll make the Broncos competitive, but hopefully not enough to be taking any AFC West championships from us!
    Exactly. I guess I'm the outsider here. I think the hiring of Fox was a great move for the Broncos. Don't judge John Fox on this year's record. Ownership of the Panthers put him in an impossible situation to succeed. Ownership bled this team of all it's talent. When they didn't resign Fox to a new deal last offseason, it was very apparent that it would be his last year. I think if you asked the 32 coaches in the NFL which team had the worst ownership, at least 20 of them would name the same team; Carolina. The Carolina fans that paid $10,000 for the PSL's for this team are fuming right now. Letting guys like Peppers walk away. This team is a mess and it isn't because of John Fox.

Look at his track record. He's a great defensive mind. I don't think the Broncos will finish ahead the Chiefs next year, but don't discount John Fox. This is a great hire by John Elway.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-14-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Fox is a good hire for them - in the short term. He's not going to lead them to a SB or even probably a playoff spot, but he'll instill discipline, help develop Tebow (he did wonders with Delhomme) and help rebuild the defense. Best of all, he doesn't get involved in front office affairs. He wants to coach, not be in charge of player personnel. He won't firesale his best players McDaniels-style.

That said, he isn't the strongest coach, he generally does poor in developing offensive skill players, and his teams always seem to be injured/beat up.

I think he'll have some nice 6-10 to 9-7 sorts of years while rebeuilding the team. He'll then be replaced for someone younger who can make the Broncos truly competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Fox is a good hire for them - in the short term. He's not going to lead them to a SB or even probably a playoff spot, but he'll instill discipline, help develop Tebow (he did wonders with Delhomme) and help rebuild the defense. Best of all, he doesn't get involved in front office affairs. He wants to coach, not be in charge of player personnel. He won't firesale his best players McDaniels-style.

That said, he isn't the strongest coach, he generally does poor in developing offensive skill players, and his teams always seem to be injured/beat up.

I think he'll have some nice 6-10 to 9-7 sorts of years while rebeuilding the team. He'll then be replaced for someone younger who can make the Broncos truly competitive.
    It wasnt Fox who did wonders with Delhoome. It was Mike McCoy who did that, and McCoy was doing that this year with Tebow. Fox is a defensive minded coach and doesn't know much about coaching up the QB's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast