Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC Superfans news...

Default KC Superfans news...

KC Superfan X-Factor, aka Ty Rowton, messaged me at Facebook asking for my phone number, saying he had something important to discuss with me. I didn't have a clue what he wanted to talk to me about. Well, he called me this past Monday morning I think it was.

All NFL teams are represented by so called "Superfans". The NFL has a Hall of Fame for fans, just as they do for players. Arrowman was the original KC Chief Superfan, & first Chiefs fan inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame for fans. X-Factor has been inducted as well, and I think Weirdwolf may be also.

Arrowman & Weirdwolf have somewhat retired from their obligations as Superfans...including scheduling & attending events, taking photos & signing autographs as recognized Superfan characters to help raise money for kids' charities, & so on. There are a few fans who work behind the scenes within the KC Superfans organization, they're Superfans too, but not recognized characters. Ty founded the KC Superfans charity in 2003. As I said, the priority of the KC Superfans charity is to raise money to benefit kids within the KC metro area.

Well, I sure wasn't expecting such, but Ty's call was to ask me if I would become a part of the KC Superfans organization, and his saying he thought I'd be an asset to their organization. He considered me to be a Superfan in my own right, and said my name had been brought up to him by others during discussions related to bringing in new Superfans, needed to fill the shoes of those retiring.

He said I could participate, even make appearances as a Superfan, but without dressing in a character costume. He also said if I did decide to be a Superfan character in costume...that I would be their first female KC Superfan character. Becoming the first female KC Superfan character has some intriguing appeal, hahaha. I would make Superfan history, in some aspect Chiefs related history! HA! Most important however, I could be of benefit helping to raise money for kids who need such, bring smiles to their faces, maybe even make a lasting positive difference in one or two childs lives.

I'm honored Ty called xtending an invitation to become a part of the KC Superfans organization. I'm also honored Ty & others believe I qualify as a Superfan, I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all too. We have our first KC Superfan meeting the week after Super Bowl, which Ty invited me to & I accepted.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I do have a couple KC Superfan characters in mind. One is more in fun spirit, as the other Superfans have been. Her Superfan name would be Tomahawk Squaw, and her costume would incorporate many Tomahawks, HA! My second thought & the one I'm leaning towards being in favor of...is also in fun spirit, but has an important purpose related to the character. X-Factor's character represents the 12th man factor, Arrowman represents team rivalry.

My thought is a character reflective of Chiefs legends...beginning with 60's era Chiefs through recent retired legends. This character costume would incorporate jersey numbers & names of players who are truly considered Chiefs legends, as well as Lamar Hunt & Hank Stram. Legends such as Bobby Bell, Len Dawson, Otis Taylor, Nick Lowery, Derrick Thomas (RIP), Priest Holmes, and so on. Legends who are Chiefs Hall of Famers if not NFL HOF'ers.

Part of my characters role would be as a storyteller...telling kids the history of our Chiefs, about our greatest game accomplishments, record setting plays by the legendary players who paved the way for current Chiefs players. Clint aka Stricken suggested the name 'Red Legends' for this Superfan Character, as all I could think of was 'Spirit of Legends'...meaning I would share my spirit of Chiefs history & legends to younger generations. If any one has any other thoughts as to a name for such a Superfan character I'd love to hear your idea's! :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think the name should be associated with and tied to something that relates your personality to the Chiefs. I'm happy for you kiddo, and proud to know you as a friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I do have a couple KC Superfan characters in mind. One is more in fun spirit, as the other Superfans have been. Her Superfan name would be Tomahawk Squaw, and her costume would incorporate many Tomahawks, HA! My second thought & the one I'm leaning towards being in favor of...is also in fun spirit, but has an important purpose related to the character. X-Factor's character represents the 12th man factor, Arrowman represents team rivalry.

My thought is a character reflective of Chiefs legends...beginning with 60's era Chiefs through recent retired legends. This character costume would incorporate jersey numbers & names of players who are truly considered Chiefs legends, as well as Lamar Hunt & Hank Stram. Legends such as Bobby Bell, Len Dawson, Otis Taylor, Nick Lowery, Derrick Thomas (RIP), Priest Holmes, and so on. Legends who are Chiefs Hall of Famers if not NFL HOF'ers.

Part of my characters role would be as a storyteller...telling kids the history of our Chiefs, about our greatest game accomplishments, record setting plays by the legendary players who paved the way for current Chiefs players. Clint aka Stricken suggested the name 'Red Legends' for this Superfan Character, as all I could think of was 'Spirit of Legends'...meaning I would share my spirit of Chiefs history & legends to younger generations.
    If any one has any other thoughts as to a name for such a Superfan character I'd love to hear your idea's! :)
    Congrats! You will make the Chiefs Crowd proud! I like this idea, it fits with your personality.

hows about "OUR LADY OF LEGENDS" or "LEGENDS OF THE SQUAW" or "THE CHIEFTESSA" or "CHIEFTESS CJ"

I think it's absolutely perfect you and a huge honor. I'm so happy for you!

Resident Celebrity

Awesome stuff Ms. Superfan Connie Jo. What a perfect fit!

The First Lady of Legends. I know it's a bit too long.

Thanks y'all!! I love all the name suggestions!! I can't seem to choose one over the other though, cause they're all awesome! I'm not sure how soon I need to decide, but possibly before the Chiefs Draft Day Party in April, which will be here in a blink of an eye as fast as time seems to pass by these days.

It has always bothered & frustrated me, that so many younger generation fans aren't familiar with Chiefs history nor legendary players. The Chiefs HOFer's are legends whom paved the way for today's players, set standards and records, many of which remain unbroken. They played the game during an era prior to so many rules protecting players, super tough football and against dirty playing opponents, such as the Raiders were. They played before free agency, big dollar contracts. They truly played with heart each & every game, and played for the love of the game. I want their sacrifices, contributions, and amazing talents remembered and acknowledged as much as possible, especially among younger generation fans. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Thanks y'all!! I love all the name suggestions!! I can't seem to choose one over the other though, cause they're all awesome! I'm not sure how soon I need to decide, but possibly before the Chiefs Draft Day Party in April, which will be here in a blink of an eye as fast as time seems to pass by these days.

It has always bothered & frustrated me, that so many younger generation fans aren't familiar with Chiefs history nor legendary players. The Chiefs HOFer's are legends whom paved the way for today's players, set standards and records, many of which remain unbroken. They played the game during an era prior to so many rules protecting players, super tough football and against dirty playing opponents, such as the Raiders were. They played before free agency, big dollar contracts. They truly played with heart each & every game, and played for the love of the game. I want their sacrifices, contributions, and amazing talents remembered and acknowledged as much as possible, especially among younger generation fans. :)
    Could not agree more; what's sadder is that I wonder if current day NFL rookies and youngsters are aware of said historical sacrifices and standards set by those legendary players that paved the way for them to be there themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast