Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chiefs new oc

Default chiefs new oc

chiefs offensive coordinator for 2011 is going to be? none other than todd haley.if they were going to make a move at the position. it would have already happend.or you would have heard of them interviewing some canidates.there is not even any rumors going around. that indicate them looking for a coordinator to replace weiss.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Geeze I really hope Haley isn't the OC. I don't think his temperment is good with Cassel and I don't know that he can wear that many hats as a young coach.

An interesting thought would be Randy Fichtner, who is the wide receivers and QB coach with the Steelers. He was the OC and QB coach at Memphis from 2001-2007, where that team re-wrote all the teams passing records as he instituted a new spread offense.

If we are looking to hire someone who hasn't been an NFL OC, I could see him being the guy. Also, he would be good to work with the Chiefs younger wideouts and you have to think Haley would like a guy who worked with wideouts like he did...
    I'm not sure that a guy who works with wideouts is who Haley would want. Haley takes a lot of pride in coaching up the wideouts. Haley's main focus is getting a guy that can help Cassel because we know Haley doesn't want anybody else's hands on the WR's

Haley isn't gonna get a big name to come in here to be his OC. It will be a position coach that will take the job for the promotion, and can say yes to Haley - or it will be nobody at all.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I'm not sure that a guy who works with wideouts is who Haley would want. Haley takes a lot of pride in coaching up the wideouts. Haley's main focus is getting a guy that can help Cassel because we know Haley doesn't want anybody else's hands on the WR's
    This is where I think that Fichtner could be a good fit. He is currently QB & WR coach in Pittsburgh and is supposed to be good at working with QB's, too.

Also, I think the fact that he puts an empasis on WR's doing the little things (i.e. blocking) makes him a good fit, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12