Thread: justin houstan olb georgia

Default justin houstan olb georgia

he would be a solid pick for us. i for one would love to make this defense one of the best in the league.here is what draft dog has to say about the pick

Positional needs: LB, DT, WR
    Best fit: One of the most complete linebackers in the country, Houston recorded 10 sacks last season—while managing 19 sacks in his three seasons at Georgia.
    Selecting Houston could put Kansas City back on the map in terms of stout NFL defenses.

I am an idiot who spams.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 01-23-2011 at 12:47 PM.

If we did this our front 7 would be made up of 5 first round draft picks. It would certainly be a talented bunch.

I don't see the Chiefs going OLB in the 1st rd. OL or WR is more likely. IMO a ILB from Alabama is a good posibilty in the 2nd rd.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    he would be a solid pick for us. i for one would love to make this defense one of the best in the league.here is what draft dog has to say about the pick

Positional needs: LB, DT, WR
    Best fit: One of the most complete linebackers in the country, Houston recorded 10 sacks last season—while managing 19 sacks in his three seasons at Georgia.
    Selecting Houston could put Kansas City back on the map in terms of stout NFL defenses.

I would love to have a defense like the 90's again

One knock I have on this guy is that he was suspended in may of 09 for violating substance abuse policy.

Chiefs don't seem to like their 1st round picks to have any blemishes on their "character report card".

sounds like he is good at rushing the passer but fairly average at everything else. "He might be viewed as a one-trick pony" as quoted on CBS Sports.com. With the suspension, and average skills besides pass rush, not sure if I can see them taking him in the 1st round.

I do think they will go WR (only if there is an elite one left, which is highly unlikely with where we are picking), NT, OL (to find a starting RT), or lastly LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    One knock I have on this guy is that he was suspended in may of 09 for violating substance abuse policy.

Chiefs don't seem to like their 1st round picks to have any blemishes on their "character report card".

sounds like he is good at rushing the passer but fairly average at everything else. "He might be viewed as a one-trick pony" as quoted on CBS Sports.com. With the suspension, and average skills besides pass rush, not sure if I can see them taking him in the 1st round.

I do think they will go WR (only if there is an elite one left, which is highly unlikely with where we are picking), NT, OL (to find a starting RT), or lastly LB.
    That will probably scratch him off Pioli's list right there. Only NT candidate that I can see falling to them at #21 is Stephen Paea and he may not fall out of the the top 15. OT is looking like the most likely candidate for pick #21. WR's Green and Jones probably won't be there at #21.