Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At least Cassel isn't Cutler

Default At least Cassel isn't Cutler

I know later in the season Cassel has began to gain more respect from Chiefs fans, but until then he caught a lot of heat from the general public.

All I have to say to those who still give Cassel crap is that at least he not a person like Jay Cutler. As we all know Cutler displays his cry baby attitude on a weekly basis during the NFL season, but the act of waving a white flag while pouting on the sideline because the Packers dominated them in the 1st half was just down right pathetic.

I've heard people questioning his toughness, but I am not (he's been hit more than any QB this season) but I am questioning his Attitude, Leadership, and Heart; and thanking myself that we do not have a person like this at the most important position on the field. I mean he didn't even seem like he wanted to try to be back out on the field in the most important game of his career. I believe Cassel would have fought and scraped to get back in the game, and showed these characteristics in games this season (In Denver when the game was clearly over, he wouldn't let Haley sit him or any other starters to rest and prevent injury, and In St, Louis a few days after an Appendectomy.)

Cassel may not have eye popping #'s (even though his TD/INT ratio was excellent this season) but he does have the Leadership, Heart, and Drive to make his team strive to do better. And that is why I am thankful to have him leading our team and not a person like Jay Cutler.

What are your thoughts?

Cutler is still immature.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Speaking of being a tough player.

Just read this on KC Star's website. Wow!

Read it here
    tough guy there...now lets get the contract signed!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Cutler is still immature.
    Now that Cutler is not a donk, I would not call him immature, challenged is what I would say, about this NFL Quarter Back. He is an NFL QB that deals with a life long degenerating decease, but plays at an NFL level. His team made it to the championship game of NFC. I have to respect him for that. Helps that he is a bear and not a donk, but still I respect that he can play at the elite Football level, the NFL..

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Now that Cutler is not a donk, I would not call him immature, challenged is what I would say, about this NFL Quarter Back. He is an NFL QB that deals with a life long degenerating decease, but plays at an NFL level. His team made it to the championship game of NFC. I have to respect him for that. Helps that he is a bear and not a donk, but still I respect that he can play at the elite Football level, the NFL..
    First off, if we were in the NFC and had a 1st round bye and played the Seahawks at home we would have been in the NFC Championship game as well. If you remember we beat the Seahawks by like 20pts in their house.

2nd off, yes at time's he can play like an elite QB, but my knock on him is he attitude when he doesn't, because there are a lot of times, he plays horrible, and his attitude matches it. would still rather have Cassel

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I wouldnt say Cutler plays at a elite football level. Cutler reminds me of Rex Grossman they are both just so up and down. When they throw the ball everybody holds their breath because you dont know if they are going to throw a nice pass or throw a INT. Its always hit or miss with them there is no in between.

Rex actually took the Bears to the Super Bowl but I still dont think Rex is a player that can play on an elite level, just like I dont think Cutler plays at an elite level. I think you have to be more consistant and stop making such poor decisions to become an elite football player.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I wouldnt say Cutler plays at a elite football level. Cutler reminds me of Rex Grossman they are both just so up and down. When they throw the ball everybody holds their breath because you dont know if they are going to throw a nice pass or throw a INT. Its always hit or miss with them there is no in between.

Rex actually took the Bears to the Super Bowl but I still dont think Rex is a player that can play on an elite level, just like I dont think Cutler plays at an elite level. I think you have to be more consistant and stop making such poor decisions to become an elite football player.
    Is the NFL the top of Professional Level of American Football? If so any player that is playing for a NFL Team is at the elite level of the sport. I did not say anything about being elite at there position in the the NFL. Just saying, all NFL players on a NFL Team, are elite players, of the game of United States of America version of football.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 02-01-2011 at 03:03 AM.

I don't trust The Bears with QBs.

They have called some QBs 'crap', that I have seen play very well, once they got out of Chicago. Orton and Harbaugh are the two that pop to mind.

After witnessing their complete lack of confidence in Orton, and what he did this season, I think there is a problem with The Bears, more than there is with the guys they put at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't trust The Bears with QBs.

They have called some QBs 'crap', that I have seen play very well, once they got out of Chicago. Orton and Harbaugh are the two that pop to mind.

After witnessing their complete lack of confidence in Orton, and what he did this season, I think there is a problem with The Bears, more than there is with the guys they put at QB.
    I think its their system more than anything. Orton was very good last year with the Denver offensive system, but Cutler also didn't really impress me while he was with Denver

I think its their system more than anything. Orton was very good last year with the Denver offensive system, but Cutler also didn't really impress me while he was with Denver
    Me either. But then, it was a completely different offense, and he is still quite young.

Not that I believe he is a good QB, just that I don't know that can't be.

He should have kept his mouth shut about the Cassel situation, and stayed with McDaniels' Broncos. May have helped him alot.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Me either. But then, it was a completely different offense, and he is still quite young.

Not that I believe he is a good QB, just that I don't know that can't be.

He should have kept his mouth shut about the Cassel situation, and stayed with McDaniels' Broncos. May have helped him alot.
    Agreed, I'm still not sold on McDaniels as a head coach but McDaniels as a OC thats a different story, and i think Sam Bradford is going to really benefit from McDaniels going to the Rams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast