Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock #1 1/24/2011

Default Mock #1 1/24/2011

1st)Nate Solder-OT
    This completes o-line,, as we have signed Logan Mankins-LG allowing us to slide B Waters to center.
    Alberts/Mankins/Waters/Lilja/Solder

2nd)Randall Cobb-WR
    This completes rebuild receiving corps, as we have, signed Santana Moss-WR to go along with D-Bowe/McCluster/Moss/Cobb/Young

3rd)Titus Young-WR
    5'11" 178 sub 4.4

4th)Sione Fua-NT
    5th)Brandon Fusco-C
    5th)Greg Romeus-OLB
    6th)Ricky Stanzi-QB
    7th)Dion Lewis-RB
    7th)Matt Szczur-WR

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I saw that too and didn't agree. Berry's stats were even better than Thomas's.

I just used the site as a resource for my argument...
    I know I was just getting off topic after I saw that

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    IMO I can't really call Matt Stafford a bust yet because the last 2 years he has gotten hurt and wasn't able to perform. Now if he gets hurt again next year then ya I will say he is a bust but right now I would like to see his skills without him getting hurt before I call him a bust. Carson Palmer IMO had a few good years when the Bengals wernt falling apart, but right now Palmer isnt playing well at all and I think thats more because the Bengals dont know their identity on offense.
    I see what you're saying, I was referring to brdemsy's thinking of that if you are not an Elite level talent and you were a top 5 pick, you're a bust.

with Stafford, Sanchez, and Bradford, I would say the verdict is still out until a couple years are down under their belts.

I see what you're saying, I was referring to brdemsy's thinking of that if you are not an Elite level talent and you were a top 5 pick, you're a bust.

with Stafford, Sanchez, and Bradford, I would say the verdict is still out until a couple years are down under their belts.
    agreed

If Okung played his position so much better than why am I finding things like this all over the internet?

NFL Gridiron Gab.com; Mid-season report card for the Seahawks and Pete Carroll:

"Sacks Allowed
    2009: 41 (10th in NFL)
    2010: 22 (7th in NFL)
    Grade: C-
    Rationale: On pace for essentially the same total as last year. That’s a double-edged sword, though. On one side, the damage isn’t on pace to get worse. The flipside? Being top-10 in sacks allowed, especially after spending the franchise’s first overall draft pick last April on an offensive lineman, is not what you’d expect."

Bleacher Report 1st round Rookie Grades:
    Eric Berry-A
    Okung- C

NFLSOUP.COM- End of year Rookie Rankings
    Berry listed as #9; Okung not even on the list. Another Sehawk was mentioned..Earl Thomas was on this lest, and that's funny he plays safety.

Sound's to me like Okung was the savior of the Seahawks line this year...And I believe that playing an entire season should factor into considering a season is successful. I mean I sure do want my 1st round pick to spend 7 games on the bench because he was hurt, sounds like a good deal for Okung, only play 10 regular season games and get paid like a 1st rounder for the whole season!

Look, I'm not saying Okung will not be a successful player in this league I'm sure he will. I am standing up for Berry, because he didn't have the horrible season you are portraying him to have.

The fact is, we have Berry on our team, we picked him and not Okung. He is helping this team, and because I am a fan I will support him as one of our player's and not dwell on the fact that we didn't take someone else. After 3 or 4 years I will then look to see if he was worth the pick, but even as a rookie he produced nicely. They are both top 10 picks and should help their teams, to say Berry hasn't impacted this team is just ludicrous.
    I don't care what those reports say. I watched the games. The overhead camera does not lie. The injuries that occurred to Okung were a result of his teammates needlessly roll-blocking into his ankles from his blind-side. I saw both of those incidents and a lesser man would have never made it back on the field.

Regarding Berry, I was hoping he would be much better in pass defense than he was, but too often he was a pigeon in that area, and opponents went after him with more than mild success. Lewis played better in that area than he did. Berry had some impact, but he was a disappointment in the area of pass defense & I've seen many Chiefs rookie DB's over the years do a whole lot better than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    IMO I can't really call Matt Stafford a bust yet because the last 2 years he has gotten hurt and wasn't able to perform. Now if he gets hurt again next year then ya I will say he is a bust but right now I would like to see his skills without him getting hurt before I call him a bust. Carson Palmer IMO had a few good years when the Bengals wernt falling apart, but right now Palmer isnt playing well at all and I think thats more because the Bengals dont know their identity on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I don't care what those reports say. I watched the games. The overhead camera does not lie. The injuries that occurred to Okung were a result of his teammates needlessly roll-blocking into his ankles from his blind-side. I saw both of those incidents and a lesser man would have never made it back on the field.

Regarding Berry, I was hoping he would be much better in pass defense than he was, but too often he was a pigeon in that area, and opponents went after him with more than mild success. Lewis played better in that area than he did. Berry had some impact, but he was a disappointment in the area of pass defense & I've seen many Chiefs rookie DB's over the years do a whole lot better than he did.
    you know what you're right...I don't see why I'm defending Berry when he had a horrible season and should be cut this off season.

I think that we should write a letter to Mr. Hunt suggesting that he can terminate Pioli for all of the stupid unsuccessful move's he has made thus far, they are all ridiculous and clearly have left us at the bottom of the league in all statistical categories and out of the playoffs in his 1st year. And in this letter I am going to refer brdempsy69 to replace him.

since we all have the vast knowledge of the league and a number of years under our belt managing a professional NFL Franchise, I think we should do just fine assembling a Super Bowl Contender within a year.

Super Bowl bound in 2011!! woohoo

you know what you're right...I don't see why I'm defending Berry when he had a horrible season and should be cut this off season.

I think that we should write a letter to Mr. Hunt suggesting that he can terminate Pioli for all of the stupid unsuccessful move's he has made thus far, they are all ridiculous and clearly have left us at the bottom of the league in all statistical categories and out of the playoffs in his 1st year. And in this letter I am going to refer brdempsy69 to replace him.

since we all have the vast knowledge of the league and a number of years under our belt managing a professional NFL Franchise, I think we should do just fine assembling a Super Bowl Contender within a year.

LOL !! You are being totally ridiculous to point where you are not only way off base, but you aren't even remotely in the ball park. Sounds like a sign of being totally puked out because someone else doesn't share the same perspective as you. I never said any of that about Berry being cut, or any of that other nonsense. Must be pretty desperate on your end to have to make things up that are non-existent & were never even implied in the 1st place.

You seem to have this misconception that Chiefs fans owe it the Chiefs brass to agree to every personell decision that they make & have no right to question it. WRONG!! A vast number of Chiefs fans going to question them & so are many others that aren't Chiefs fans. They are entitled to their perspective, whether you agree with it or not. If that bothers you, then that's a personal problem on your end & perhaps mommie will change your diaper for you, fetch your formula for you, and give you a Baby Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that you can cry on its shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    LOL !! You are being totally ridiculous to point where you are not only way off base, but you aren't even remotely in the ball park. Sounds like a sign of being totally puked out because someone else doesn't share the same perspective as you. I never said any of that about Berry being cut, or any of that other nonsense. Must be pretty desperate on your end to have to make things up that are non-existent & were never even implied in the 1st place.

You seem to have this misconception that Chiefs fans owe it the Chiefs brass to agree to every personell decision that they make & have no right to question it. WRONG!! A vast number of Chiefs fans going to question them & so are many others that aren't Chiefs fans. They are entitled to their perspective, whether you agree with it or not. If that bothers you, then that's a personal problem on your end & perhaps mommie will change your diaper for you, fetch your formula for you, and give you a Baby Pat-A-Burp doll to put on your shoulder so that you can cry on its shoulder.
    Now that's just un-necessary haha.

I was simply re-iterating the idea that you think Berry was horrible this season. If he was really that bad, he should be cut or we should trade him.

I just figured that since it does seem like you contradict or disagree with almost every move the Chiefs do Mr. Hunt should consider you for GM.

all in all, this is the last thing I'll say about the topic, because of it is getting old talking about it. Berry was a rookie, and for being a rookie he had a decent season no matter where he was picked in the draft, he had an impact on the overall success of our defense (I don't see how anyone could argue that); As I always say when people complain about players: It could be worse and we could still have a SS like Mike Brown.