Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Mock #1 1/24/2011

Default Mock #1 1/24/2011

1st)Nate Solder-OT
    This completes o-line,, as we have signed Logan Mankins-LG allowing us to slide B Waters to center.
    Alberts/Mankins/Waters/Lilja/Solder

2nd)Randall Cobb-WR
    This completes rebuild receiving corps, as we have, signed Santana Moss-WR to go along with D-Bowe/McCluster/Moss/Cobb/Young

3rd)Titus Young-WR
    5'11" 178 sub 4.4

4th)Sione Fua-NT
    5th)Brandon Fusco-C
    5th)Greg Romeus-OLB
    6th)Ricky Stanzi-QB
    7th)Dion Lewis-RB
    7th)Matt Szczur-WR

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    There WAS something in your post to suggest otherwise.
    No, there wasn't. Re-read it again. My saying that ran back towards the deep zone, does not suggest that he was in deep coverage. If he was in deep coverage, he wouldn't have come towards the line of scrimmage playing the run first. He would have dropped back, right from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    No, there wasn't. Re-read it again. My saying that ran back towards the deep zone, does not suggest that he was in deep coverage. If he was in deep coverage, he wouldn't have come towards the line of scrimmage playing the run first. He would have dropped back, right from the get-go.
    Thanks for clearing that up. So he was running back to a deep zone, but wasn't in deep coverage.

Here's a great quote from the "Tampa 2" wiki page on how to beat the Tampa 2:

"Other tactics that have shown to be effective on occasion are misdirection plays that take advantage of the defensive speed and rely on the defense 'over-running' the play (such as the middle linebacker rushing to the line of scrimmage on a play-action pass)."

Does it look like that may have happened on that play?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. So he was running back to a deep zone, but wasn't in deep coverage.

Here's a great quote from the "Tampa 2" wiki page (Wikimedia Error) on how to beat the Tampa 2:

"Other tactics that have shown to be effective on occasion are misdirection plays that take advantage of the defensive speed and rely on the defense 'over-running' the play (such as the middle linebacker rushing to the line of scrimmage on a play-action pass)."
    Listen, since you did say earlier that you were done with the Berry discussion -- if that offer is still on the table -- I'll stop right here with the Berry discussion if your offer is still on the table. Check my mock draft out and tell me what you think.

My Mock Draft - Kansas City Chiefs Forums
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 02-09-2011 at 02:09 AM.

This is incorrect. There were 3 after the first 7 games. There was one against the Denver (the 40-yard post pattern to Gaffney who was clearly Berry's man on that play), one against the Titans and one against the Raiders. That would raise the total to 9.

One could also question the quality of the opponents passing games collectively after those first 7 games.

That's where it really counts the most -- points on the scoreboard. Add to that, no INT's in the red zone, as well. That's why I fail him.

If want to give him a passing grade, then you or anyone can do that if they wish. To me, he still fails.

I'll have to look at it again, but I'm pretty sure that was Ricky Price who gave that TD up. With Lewis and McGraw both out we had Donald Washington move to FS (which he had never played that position before, and yes this is why we should draft a safety in a later round or find one in FA, for depth... not because Berry played bad) and Ricky Price was activated from the practice squad. The Broncos knew they were filling in and went after our FS's bad. I'm pretty sure 2 of the first 3 TD's were because of the Free Safety getting burnt, not Berry. The other TD was a screen or run (can't remember) to Moreno. So I wouldn't put those TD's on Berry's stat sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I'll have to look at it again, but I'm pretty sure that was Ricky Price who gave that TD up. With Lewis and McGraw both out we had Donald Washington move to FS (which he had never played that position before, and yes this is why we should draft a safety in a later round or find one in FA, for depth... not because Berry played bad) and Ricky Price was activated from the practice squad. The Broncos knew they were filling in and went after our FS's bad. I'm pretty sure 2 of the first 3 TD's were because of the Free Safety getting burnt, not Berry. The other TD was a screen or run (can't remember) to Moreno. So I wouldn't put those TD's on Berry's stat sheet.
    Here's the play, but I'm pretty sure it was a cover 3 with Johnson responsible for the deep middle (pause at 14 seconds and you can see the coverage, where Berry is off the screen in the right 1/3rd).

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos - 2010 Week 10

You have to click on the Gaffney touchdown specifically, it's about 7 down.

How about a beer!

I say we are all right on, just for being chiefs fans.

Did I hear beer?

It was a cover 2, there wasn't 5 DB's on the field, there was 4.

Not the case, I've reviewed the play multiple times and there's no mistaking it.

Most certainly was Berry's man. He just got smoked.
    No mistaking it, yet you have no idea what was going on with the defense, despite having "reviewed the play".

Was it Cover-2, as you said, or was Berry playing man, as you said?

And a LB has absolutely no business being 40 yards back unless he is covering a man, or a deep zone.

Or did he abandon his underneath zone on a hunch?

You are just looking for an excuse for your exaggerations.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No mistaking it, yet you have no idea what was going on with the defense, despite having "reviewed the play".

Was it Cover-2, as you said, or was Berry playing man, as you said?

And a LB has absolutely no business being 40 yards back unless he is covering a man, or a deep zone.

Or did he abandon his underneath zone on a hunch?

You are just looking for an excuse for your exaggerations.
    I'm not looking for any excuse or anything. Let it go. Your not winning any arguments here. Ryfo18 & I have agreed to put it rest, so why don't you do the same because you arguments have been in vain & will continue to be.

I'm not looking for any excuse or anything. Let it go. Your not winning any arguments here. Ryfo18 & I have agreed to put it rest, so why don't you do the same because you arguments have been in vain & will continue to be.
    This is exactly why people keep responding back. You always make provocative statements, rather than saying something like "to each his own".
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

BERRY.....ROOKIE.......PRO BOWLER!!!!!!!!! need i say more....stop hating!!!!! support