Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Mock #1 1/24/2011

Default Mock #1 1/24/2011

1st)Nate Solder-OT
    This completes o-line,, as we have signed Logan Mankins-LG allowing us to slide B Waters to center.
    Alberts/Mankins/Waters/Lilja/Solder

2nd)Randall Cobb-WR
    This completes rebuild receiving corps, as we have, signed Santana Moss-WR to go along with D-Bowe/McCluster/Moss/Cobb/Young

3rd)Titus Young-WR
    5'11" 178 sub 4.4

4th)Sione Fua-NT
    5th)Brandon Fusco-C
    5th)Greg Romeus-OLB
    6th)Ricky Stanzi-QB
    7th)Dion Lewis-RB
    7th)Matt Szczur-WR

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    BERRY.....ROOKIE.......PRO BOWLER!!!!!!!!! need i say more....stop hating!!!!! support
    THIS

I was not 100% on board with getting him last year at draft time. But the guy got better as the season went along and made me rethink that. All you can really ask for with a rookie is to see him keep getting better and we saw that with Berry. I hope to see more of that next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    This is exactly why people keep responding back. You always make provocative statements, rather than saying something like "to each his own".
    HERE:

Now go clean the sand out of your crotch, and quit taking it so personal that someone else doesn't share the same perspective as you do. You certainly weren't telling me "each to his own" earlier on, nor was anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm not looking for any excuse or anything. Let it go. Your not winning any arguments here. Ryfo18 & I have agreed to put it rest, so why don't you do the same because you arguments have been in vain & will continue to be.
    The argument was won before you even switched from trying to place Berry in man coverage, to playing cover-2... the first time.

On the play in question, the facts have beaten you in the argument.

FACT #1: In a 2-deep zone, the Safety to the right is responsible for any ball thrown to the deep right half of the field.

FACT #2: The throw was caught several yards into the deep right zone (Camera angle).

FACT #3: Berry was covering the deep left zone, and Price had the deep right (Camera angle).

FACT #4: You do not abandon your zone to cover a man into another zone.

NFL Game Center: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos - 2010 Week 10 (After the add finishes, you have to click on the seventh highlight option entitled "Gaffney diving TD catch")

If you look at the first replay, (:19) this is the moment that the ball hits the WR, pause here, and you can still see both hash marks.

The two large orange diamonds in the endzone point directly at each hash mark, and the Blue one between them would point to the exact center (left to right) of the field. As indicated by the XP hash.

At that point, the throw and catch are both just to the right of the right hash mark. Not just to the right of the center hash, where Berry's zone ends, and Price's begins. But another five to seven yards out of Berry's zone and into Price's.

By design of a cover-2, Berry is not allowed to move his zone into Price's because of the threat of Lloyd running a deep route with Carr expecting the shell to provide help over the top.

Berry had no choice but to stay within range of providing the deep help for Carr and allow Price to take responsibility for his own zone.

Now, I don't blame you for wanting to "let it go". And feel free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Now go clean the sand out of your crotch, and quit taking it so personal that someone else doesn't share the same perspective as you do. You certainly weren't telling me "each to his own" earlier on, nor was anybody else.
    I didn't say it then because I was somewhat enjoying the debate. If anyone was taking anything personal, then they probably don't belong on this forum, my feelings certainly weren't hurt. I just wish you wouldn't instigate things the way you do, even if you don't mean to.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

here you go bdrempsey

The Kansas City Chiefs players have voted and RB Jamaal Charles and S Eric Berry are your big winners. The team announced that via a player vote the team has named Charles as the team MVP and Berry as the team rookie of the year.
    Was there ever any doubt?
    Charles is arguably the only player you point at and say, 'The Chiefs have a chance on Sunday because this guy is on the field.' Meanwhile Berry headed a rookie class that has begun to usher in a new era of Chiefs football. Great choices by the players.
    The MVP award is named after Derrick Thomas while the rookie of the year award is named after Mack Lee Hill. The awards are especially meaningful because they're voted on by their teammates.
    As Josh Looney of KCChiefs.com points out, it's the latest in a long line of awards for Charles, who was also voted as a first team All-Pro by Pro Football Weekly and the (other) AP in addition to the FedEx Ground Player of the Year. Berry lead the team in interceptions, was named NFL rookie of the month for December/January and was named to the All-Rookie team by Pro Football Weekly and Sporting News.
    The awards will be handed out at the 41st 101 Awards Banquet on March 5 in downtown Kansas City, where Todd Haley will also be awarded the AFC coach of the year.
    Check out KCChiefs.com for the full history of winners.
    rookie of the year voted by his fellow teammates and

led the team with interceptions he must be doing
    something right

Well, it seems really hard that a true Chiefs follower would not absolutely love that we have the next premier Safety in the game.
    Eric Berry will be part of the solution in KC.
    Ask yourself this had we not taken him last year where would have we been at safety? where would we be going at safety?(no one in the draft weak class of safeties and there isn't any on the market outside of Atogwe...come on man!)

As far as, our mock draft wants.
    It"s been awhile since i first posted this.
    I am bring my new mock to this forum today.
    Some changes. Found out our picks for 2011 Draft.
    1st,2nd,3rd,4th,(2)5th's,no 6th and a 7th
    With that said i will post new mock.
    Hope that everyone likes it. Don't have to agree with it. Please respond with your hopes for the up coming draft.

I just wanted to post that i actually typed up a post yesterday. However, when i went to submit post something happen and it was lost?

I had a couple hours in that post. I'll try again sometime. Just did'nt want anyone to think i lied to you all when i said i would post a new mock and did'nt. I really did:)

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    I just wanted to post that i actually typed up a post yesterday. However, when i went to submit post something happen and it was lost?

I had a couple hours in that post. I'll try again sometime. Just did'nt want anyone to think i lied to you all when i said i would post a new mock and did'nt. I really did:)
    Cmon Man! We thought you lied to us! haha

I've had that happen and it sucks I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Cmon Man! We thought you lied to us! haha

I've had that happen and it sucks I feel your pain
    Tell me about it!

Most folks on here know how long-winded I get when posting. And nothing drives a guy more crazy than losing a big project like that. Especially if you put time in accumulating statistics and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Tell me about it!

Most folks on here know how long-winded I get when posting. And nothing drives a guy more crazy than losing a big project like that. Especially if you put time in accumulating statistics and the like.

I'm going to try and post a 7 round mock as well, and I'm just waiting to see when I have enough time to do so haha. If you post it on here, I'll post mine on this thread as well.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627