Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock #1 1/24/2011

Default Mock #1 1/24/2011

1st)Nate Solder-OT
    This completes o-line,, as we have signed Logan Mankins-LG allowing us to slide B Waters to center.
    Alberts/Mankins/Waters/Lilja/Solder

2nd)Randall Cobb-WR
    This completes rebuild receiving corps, as we have, signed Santana Moss-WR to go along with D-Bowe/McCluster/Moss/Cobb/Young

3rd)Titus Young-WR
    5'11" 178 sub 4.4

4th)Sione Fua-NT
    5th)Brandon Fusco-C
    5th)Greg Romeus-OLB
    6th)Ricky Stanzi-QB
    7th)Dion Lewis-RB
    7th)Matt Szczur-WR

Saw a quote from Texas A&M Linebacker Von Miller today. He said he patterns his game after Derrick Thomas. Too bad he won't be around at 21. I'm hearing more and more that he's pretty solid in dropping into coverage as well, which is why I thought he wouldn't be a good fit at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I keep hearing Castonzo is getting abused at the Senior Bowl. He seems to be a little overrated as a LT prospect and probably projects more as a RT. His stock is dropping.

It's sounding more and more like Carimi is one of the most pro ready LT prospects currently (along w/ Sherrod). He's having some solid practices at the Senior Bowl.
    Bucky Brooks just reported on NFL.com that he's emerging as an elite OT.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/01/26/cast...ensive-tackle/

Pat Kirwin has also reported that Castonzo has looked very good. Not sure where the reports are coming from that he's getting abused.

My leaning is towards Carimi, because at the very least you get a monster RT in 2011 who provides insurance for LT, if Albert gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Bucky Brooks just reported on NFL.com that he's emerging as an elite OT.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/01/26/cast...ensive-tackle/

Pat Kirwin has also reported that Castonzo has looked very good. Not sure where the reports are coming from that he's getting abused.

My leaning is towards Carimi, because at the very least you get a monster RT in 2011 who provides insurance for LT, if Albert gets hurt.
    I was reading Shawn Zobel's blog. I still like Castonzo I just think Carimi seems like a future beast He wasn't asked to pass block a lot at WI but seems like he's a raw talent that can be developed.

Untitled Document (the part about Castonzo having a rough day. Day 3 was better for him I read).

I liked this interview with Carimi where he talks about "throwing guys around": http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...g-guys-around/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I was reading Shawn Zobel's blog. I still like Castonzo I just think Carimi seems like a future beast He wasn't asked to pass block a lot at WI but seems like he's a raw talent that can be developed.

Untitled Document (the part about Castonzo having a rough day. Day 3 was better for him I read).

I liked this interview with Carimi where he talks about "throwing guys around": http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...g-guys-around/
    Here's a live feed of NFL Network if you got time to watch it:

Watch NFL Network Live Stream Online

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Here's a live feed of NFL Network if you got time to watch it:

Watch NFL Network Live Stream Online
    Thanks, wife is watching American Idol. I really like Mayock as an analyst too. I've been watching NFL Network on my TV whenever I get a chance though, this time of year is fun.

Got another report on Castonzo. He's showing he's the type of polished technician that you want at LT. He's certainly Pioli's type of guy, but I don't think he'll fall to the Chiefs at #21, but we never know.

NFL.com news: Purdue's Kerrigan among prospects flashing elite skills

Keep getting different up/down reports on Castonzo, but I trust Mayock. He just said regardin Castonzo: "Starting left tackle in the league for the next ten year........Heck of a week."

All the top 4 OT's -- Solder, Carimi, Castonzo, Sherrod have 35+ inch arm length. No problems there. One of these guys will fall to #21.

Using a 1st rounder on a RT is not a good idea IMO! NT, WR & OC are my top choices for our 1st round pick. We should be able to find a solid RT in FA or the 4th round or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscrazy View Post
    Using a 1st rounder on a RT is not a good idea IMO! NT, WR & OC are my top choices for our 1st round pick. We should be able to find a solid RT in FA or the 4th round or later.
    Sure, so that Cassel can get the living hell beaten out of him in 2011 all season long against a tough schedule, just like we saw at the end of the season when they went against tough Defensive front 7's like the Raiders and Ravens & at the same time by passing on an OT in the 1st round, that can play either side, some other team takes the OT that the Chiefs pass on, and gets an immediate long term upgrade to their O-Line.

You're right, I don't know what those of us that are wanting an OT to be selected in the 1st round are thinking (sarcasm).

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast