Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock #1 1/24/2011

Default Mock #1 1/24/2011

1st)Nate Solder-OT
    This completes o-line,, as we have signed Logan Mankins-LG allowing us to slide B Waters to center.
    Alberts/Mankins/Waters/Lilja/Solder

2nd)Randall Cobb-WR
    This completes rebuild receiving corps, as we have, signed Santana Moss-WR to go along with D-Bowe/McCluster/Moss/Cobb/Young

3rd)Titus Young-WR
    5'11" 178 sub 4.4

4th)Sione Fua-NT
    5th)Brandon Fusco-C
    5th)Greg Romeus-OLB
    6th)Ricky Stanzi-QB
    7th)Dion Lewis-RB
    7th)Matt Szczur-WR

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sure, so that Cassel can get the living hell beaten out of him in 2011 all season long against a tough schedule, just like we saw at the end of the season when they went against tough Defensive front 7's like the Raiders and Ravens & at the same time by passing on an OT in the 1st round, that can play either side, some other team takes the OT that the Chiefs pass on, and gets an immediate long term upgrade to their O-Line.

You're right, I don't know what those of us that are wanting an OT to be selected in the 1st round are thinking (sarcasm).
    I know that we need O-line, I'm just of the mindset that we need an RT and center more than LT. I know you hate Albert, that's no mystery to anyone on this board. I'd just rather finish the missing piece on the defense and get a NT in the first round.

Hopefully, we get a decent WR, RT, and center after that. Note that I didn't say OLB because I still have faith in Studebaker, unlike some here. I get that we could get some of these in FA, but you can't depend on it, especially with the CBA crap going on.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I know that we need O-line, I'm just of the mindset that we need an RT and center more than LT. I know you hate Albert, that's no mystery to anyone on this board. I'd just rather finish the missing piece on the defense and get a NT in the first round.

Hopefully, we get a decent WR, RT, and center after that. Note that I didn't say OLB because I still have faith in Studebaker, unlike some here. I get that we could get some of these in FA, but you can't depend on it, especially with the CBA crap going on.
    There is a mystery to that.

I had no idea that anyone around here hated Branden Albert.

Myself, I think he can be the best OG in The NFL, or a sub-par LOT.

But I don't think that anyone hates him, even as a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    There is a mystery to that.

I had no idea that anyone around here hated Branden Albert.

Myself, I think he can be the best OG in The NFL, or a sub-par LOT.

But I don't think that anyone hates him, even as a LOT.
    Well, I've learned to appreciate him because of the horrid LT play we had to go through in 06 and 07. You can't expect to have a guy at the level of Roaf every year.

Albert is below average to average, but he's like a pro bowler compared to the jokes we had to run out there like Svitek, Sackintosh, and those other scrubs.

I was thinking about this today. If the Chiefs are going to try to take a LT in this year's draft, I would love to see Waters traded (similar to how Gonzalez was a copule years back). He's still a solid NFL guard, but he's getting old. I would want a 2nd rounder at least back (who knows if he'd bring that, but going to the Pro Bowl this year can't hurt). Then Albert moves to LG and we have an extra 2nd round pick we can use to take a WR or OLB.

Well, I've learned to appreciate him because of the horrid LT play we had to go through in 06 and 07. You can't expect to have a guy at the level of Roaf every year.

Albert is below average to average, but he's like a pro bowler compared to the jokes we had to run out there like Svitek, Sackintosh, and those other scrubs.
    I'll grant you that.

But an upgrade at LOT would also allow Albert to move to OG, where he would likely be the best player on our O-line.

I just think you unfairly stuck Brdempsey as hating Albert for wanting to see him play at a position that better suits his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I was thinking about this today. If the Chiefs are going to try to take a LT in this year's draft, I would love to see Waters traded (similar to how Gonzalez was a copule years back). He's still a solid NFL guard, but he's getting old. I would want a 2nd rounder at least back (who knows if he'd bring that, but going to the Pro Bowl this year can't hurt). Then Albert moves to LG and we have an extra 2nd round pick we can use to take a WR or OLB.
    NT>OLB

@chief31
    I usually refer as someone "hating" when they don't like a players capabilities at a certain position, even if they could move and be better at another. I always felt that Niswanger could make a pretty good guard with his size if we decided to move him, but I still "hate" him because of his ineptness at center.
    Last edited by Three7s; 01-30-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Ideally, for me, I would love to see Albert get beat out by a draft pick, or free agent, at LOT, move to LOG, and just have Waters fill in at C. Provided, of course, Weigmann retires, or leaves through free agency.

Not that I want Albert to fail at LOT. But I would love to see someone come in and play better than Albert has.

I think getting rid of Waters would be a bad idea. He is a career Chief. I'd like to see him finish his career that way.

Plus, I doubt he would bring anything higher than a mid-third round pick in return.

NT>OLB

@chief31
    I usually refer as someone "hating" when they don't like a players capabilities at a certain position, even if they could move and be better at another. I always felt that Niswanger could make a pretty good guard with his size if we decided to move him, but I still "hate" him because of his ineptness at center.
    Yes, I wouldn't mind having a NT either. I was just throwing out some positions I feel we should look to upgrade. Hopefully Paea falls to the 2nd round after his injury at the Sr. bowl. I've heard good things about him.

Ideally, for me, I would love to see Albert get beat out by a draft pick, or free agent, at LOT, move to LOG, and just have Waters fill in at C. Provided, of course, Weigmann retires, or leaves through free agency.

This may happen, but I don't see him making that move at this point in his career. Just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Plus, I doubt he would bring anything higher than a mid-third round pick in return.
    If that's the case, then I wouldn't want to trade him. At the outside chance that he could bring back a 2nd rounder though, I wouldn't hesitate.

I know that we need O-line, I'm just of the mindset that we need an RT and center more than LT. I know you hate Albert, that's no mystery to anyone on this board.......
    This is incorrect & you don't know what you are talking about. I have spelled it out already in another thread about what I hate regarding Albert's situation ..... but I'll spell it out again & if anyone ( including you ) doesn't understand it, then perhaps they need to have it put into braille and shoved up their arse to understand it. Here goes......

What I hate is the Chiefs insistence of playing him out of position at LT ... and it's not working ... and anyone who's watched him over the last 2 years can clearly see that. They've wasted 3 years of his NFL career with this useless experiment, when instead he could have been a bonafide replacement for Will Shields ( Albert was a Guard in college, in case you hadn't heard ) & probably would have made the Pro Bowl by now. How much do wish to wager that if Marty or Dick Vermeil were still coaching that Albert would no longer be at LT?

I think the disease regarding Albert that seemingly is plaguing the Chiefs brass & a large segment of Chiefs fans is one called "self-delusion". It started before the 2010 draft with a large number of Chiefs fans slagging potential draftees Russell Okung and Bryan Bulaga because they were humping their neighbor's dog over Eric Berry and saying stupid stuff like "we don't need a LT, we have Branden Albert" & "why take Okung as a RT at #5". I had no problem with anyone wanting Eric Berry to be drafted, even though my personal preference was Russell Okung. The problem was all the "piss on our own heads and tell ourselves it's raining" nonsense came with it, such as "a Safety like Eric Berry will make more impact than a LT will" and the continual usage of "Branden Albert is our LT" crutch, that all-in-all has amounted to nothing but A BIG LIE. The problem is this big lie isn't fooling opponents on Sundays & just how delighted do suppose that AFC West opponents & their fans -- especially the Raiders -- were when the Chiefs ignored the O-Line with their top 3 draft picks in 2010?

Also, why did the Chiefs O-Line coach want the team to draft Russell Okung at #5 in the 2010 draft as you can see in this link:

Chiefs Coach Wanted Russell Okung | KC Chiefs Blog

And that was also posted on the Seahawks home page, so it's not speculation & don't bother with trying to tell me " well, all coaches want their teams to draft for their units" -- it's just a copout. Do you think a team like the Browns would have their O-Line coach wanting the the their team to spend a top 10 pick on an LT when they have All-Pro Joe Thomas? Not a chance. The Chiefs O-Line coach wanted Russell Okung drafted because he wasn't happy with Albert's play at LT -- that's the bottom line, whether anyone likes it or not.

I find it very interesting how people like yourself, who are failing to see the situation regarding Albert with any sense of diplomacy or even objectively, are probably the same ones that are calling for Barry Richardson's head, even though Barry gave up 5 sacks all year in his 1st year as a starter & Albert gave up 6 or 7 in the last 4 regular season games, alone and this is his 3rd year as a starter at LT.

So the truth is I don't hate Albert, it's the f#cked-up situation that the Chiefs have put him in that's neither profitable to him, nor the need to shore up an o-Line that's been in dire need of it since Willie Roaf and Will Shields retired going back to 2006.

STOP USING BRANDEN ALBERT AS AN EXCUSIVE CRUTCH TO NOT TAKE A STELLAR OT IN THE 1ST ROUND OF THE DRAFT IF ONE IS AVAILABLE.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-30-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast