Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock #1 1/24/2011

Default Mock #1 1/24/2011

1st)Nate Solder-OT
    This completes o-line,, as we have signed Logan Mankins-LG allowing us to slide B Waters to center.
    Alberts/Mankins/Waters/Lilja/Solder

2nd)Randall Cobb-WR
    This completes rebuild receiving corps, as we have, signed Santana Moss-WR to go along with D-Bowe/McCluster/Moss/Cobb/Young

3rd)Titus Young-WR
    5'11" 178 sub 4.4

4th)Sione Fua-NT
    5th)Brandon Fusco-C
    5th)Greg Romeus-OLB
    6th)Ricky Stanzi-QB
    7th)Dion Lewis-RB
    7th)Matt Szczur-WR

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And how many TD passes given up? Did you see the Pro Bowl yesterday? I did and he clearly looked like he didn't belong.

Funny you should mention Pollard as he looks like a Pollard clone to me.

You can worship him all you want to, but he's got a long ways to go to prove that he was worth the #5 overall pick in the draft. He's got talent & he's got potential, but as of right now, he's way over-hyped.

I watched as well, and it was the PRO BOWL. they might as well have played two hand touch. You could see all the players jogging around.

I guarantee you both coaches had a speech that said "remember we are here to have a good time, a clean entertaining game, and no injuries. Even tough I know that each of you are competitive or else you wouldn't be playing this game, let's keep it at about 75% speed, no hard hits or cheap shots. It doesn't matter who wins, lets just have fun and put on a show."

I'm not saying he is the savior of our franchise... But I am on Ryfo18's side in this argument, in saying you aren't giving him enough credit for the solid rookie campaign he put together for us. He is and will continue to develop into a good player for this team. Not every 1 round pick is going to amount to an All pro level talent, but I think he does have the making of a player who will become a game changer for our defense.

I dont know why in the World People Are Hating on Brian Waters the man is a pro bowler yet some people want to move him to center and put jon Asomoah in his spot. I think this a terrible idea and he is a monster OG. Sign Vincent Jackson and Draft Peae and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Yeah 92 total tackles is just a small impact on the defense. I mean it only landed him as the 2nd leading tackler on the team behind DJ with 121.

I mean Polamalu could get 92 tackles in his sleep... Oh yeah he only had 38 Total tackles his rookie year.

Actually comparing Berry's rookie stats to a certain person with the last name of Reed look pretty similar.

Berry: 92 Total Tkls, 77 solo; 15 assists, 2 scks, 13 passes defended; 4int's, 1 TD, 54 yd long int return.

Reed: 85 Total Tkls; 71 solo; 14 assists; 1 sck, 12 passes defended; 5 int's; 59 yd long int return.

Pretty similar, sounds like a small impact to our D to me too. I think we should just get rid of him and bring Pollard back.

Those are very impressive numbers for any player, even more so by a rookie.

And how many TD passes given up? Did you see the Pro Bowl yesterday? I did and he clearly looked like he didn't belong.

Funny you should mention Pollard as he looks like a Pollard clone to me.

You can worship him all you want to, but he's got a long ways to go to prove that he was worth the #5 overall pick in the draft. He's got talent & he's got potential, but as of right now, he's way over-hyped.
    sorry but this is one of the dumbest comments i have ever read.judging a defender in the pro bowl wow.berry is the man look at his rookie stats all the proof is what he did this year overhyped my a##

Nope, his abscence wasn't the sole reason the Steelers struggled in 2009, they were beat up all over the place. It's never that simple as one Safety missing from the lineup causing the entire team to collapse. Not having him didn't help, but he's missed time this year, and the Steelers have been able to carry on.

Let's see what happens in the Super Bowl without their starting Center against the Packers.
    Did they get there without a stellar LOT?

When was the last time The Steelers, the Super Bowl-winningest team in The NFL, had a stellar LOT?

At no time in NFL history has any Safety been more valuable than a stellar LT to any team.
    This is where you invited Polamolu's name into the discussion.

Last season, when he was out of the lineup, they didn't just lose alot. They lost to terrible football teams. (@ 4-12 KC; Home Vs 5-11 Oak; and @ 5-11 Cle.) And with Troy, they were able to trounce teams like The Vikings, Chargers and Packers.

And he is the MVP of The Steelers. And should be considered for NFL MVP.

He may be the exception to the rule. But he is one of the most valuable players in the entire league.

The point is that you have to have BOTH to win championships. I have yet to see an exception to that, and that includes the 2000 Ravens, 2007 Ravens, '63 Bears, you name it.
    Well, The 2000 Ravens had some guys come out and run off some clock during the post season, same as any team. But the defense had to play well enough to make up for a poor offense. And they did.

I agree with the basis that you are presenting, that you want balance. And that The Chiefs are in far better shape on defense, than they are on offense.

There are plenty of Super Bowl teams, winners, or losers, that I can see calling balanced.

But I think the majority are generally stacked, statistically, on one side, or the other.

But I agree that all of those teams strive to achieve a better balance, by bringing their weaker half up to the level of their stronger half.

I just think that you are going a bit over the top with these "Never" and "No exceptions" kind of comments, to try and prove your points.

And you really don't have to, because those points are quite valid. And some people are just going to feel like there are stronger points.

I have argued against "defense wins championships" before. And I still am still on the "con" side of it.

But I think it a great argument. Primarily because there is evidence for both sides of the debate.

Teams with better defenses and running games do seem to have a little bit more success than the passing offenses do.

But recent rule changes (Pass interference) may have balanced that out some.

Anyway, I don't think that either debate (LOT Vs Safety, or Defense wins championships) is quite as lop-sided as it is made to sound.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    sorry but this is one of the dumbest comments i have ever read.judging a defender in the pro bowl wow.berry is the man look at his rookie stats all the proof is what he did this year overhyped my a##
    And this is one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen. Is that all you looked at was the stats? What about TD passes given up? Did you even watch the games? What was seen in the Pro Bowl was seen repeatedly throughout the season. Your statement about him being "the man" just further illustrates what I said about being over-hyped. "The man" on the Chiefs defense this season was Tamba Hali.

Quote Originally Posted by MoShak123 View Post
    I dont know why in the World People Are Hating on Brian Waters the man is a pro bowler yet some people want to move him to center and put jon Asomoah in his spot. I think this a terrible idea and he is a monster OG. Sign Vincent Jackson and Draft Peae and go from there

How is that hating?

It is suggesting that he is good enough to play an even more important position.

The reason for moving him would be that he is far from a young guy, and we seem to have a very young guy who is ready to step in. As well as allowing Waters to fill, what may be, a major hole in our offense, should Weigmann not return.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Well, The 2000 Ravens had some guys come out and run off some clock during the post season, same as any team. But the defense had to play well enough to make up for a poor offense. And they did.
    This is a misconception as far as the Ravens offense being poor in 2000. They were poor through the first part of the season when Tony Banks was their starting QB. When Dilfer took over as their starting QB, their Offense came to life. Here's the proof:

Baltimore Ravens Schedule at NFL.com

Just look at what happened from week 10 onward. They had a 1300+ rusher in Jamaal Lewis, a solid O-Line with a stellar LT named Jon Ogden & they hit for some big-play TD's through the air in the postseason. They were not a poor Offense from week 10 on, and like I said that is a misconception.

And how many of those games during that stretch did they allow kick returns for TD's to inflate that 23.2 average? Including their game at KC? It wasn't the main reason, it was part of it to an extent. What about this season, when he wasn't there? And the game against NE when he was?

Bringing Polamalu into the discussion regarding Berry is ludicrous. Two different players, two different men, from two different walks of life, playing for 2 different teams.
    I didn't go far enough to look that up. But I did look it up for the games that Troy P. played. The Steelers gave up kick return TDs in 3 of those 5 games, thus inflating the 13.8 number I gave you earlier when Polamalu was in the lineup. And they only lost one of those games. I can say with 100% certainty that Troy Polamalu is a HUGE reason for the Steelers success.

Like Berry, I also wouldn't call Polamalu's strong point his pass coverage. The fact of the matter is that he takes a lot of risks and more often than not he puts himself in the right place to make big plays. He's certainly not anything more than average though if he's lined up man to man on a guy. The Steelers can get beat through the air, just as Tom Brady showed us.

I should clarify that I'm not saying Berry is anywhere near where Polamalu is at this point in Polamalu's career. I definitely think he has the potential to be though, and that is worth drafting at #5. One other thing that is not talked about a lot, Berry did not miss a single down this year. He was in on EVERY single defensive play. That's huge, especially for a guy that is sacrificing his body on several plays a game.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 01-31-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I didn't go far enough to look that up. But I did look it up for the games that Troy P. played. The Steelers gave up kick return TDs in 3 of those 5 games, thus inflating the 13.8 number I gave you earlier when Polamalu was in the lineup. And they only lost one of those games. I can say with 100% certainty that Troy Polamalu is a HUGE reason for the Steelers success.

I also wouldn't call Polamalu's strong point his pass coverage. The fact of the matter is that he takes a lot of risks and more often than not he puts himself in the right place to make big plays. He's certainly not anything more than average though if he's lined up man to man on a guy. The Steelers can get beat through the air, just as Tom Brady showed us.
    Agreed. As for man-to-man this is the area that I'd like to Berry improve as he's faster than Polumalu. I don't dispute that Polumalu makes the Steelers Defense better, but at the same time I can't ignore the fact that he's had the good fortune to have a talented front 7 to help him out, same as Ed Reed.

Anyway, Berry does have a lot of room for improvement to justify his draft status, and anyone who watched the Chiefs games this year ought to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I should clarify that I'm not saying Berry is anywhere near where Polamalu is at this point in Polamalu's career. I definitely think he has the potential to be though, and that is worth drafting at #5. One other thing that is not talked about a lot, Berry did not miss a single down this year. He was in on EVERY single defensive play. That's huge, especially for a guy that is sacrificing his body on several plays a game.
    Well, as for Berry not missing any plays, the Chiefs in general have had good fortune to not get bit by the injury bug. It's not surprising that Berry didn't miss any plays, as he never did in college.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-31-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast