Thread: A Sidney Rice update...

Default A Sidney Rice update...

Sidney Rice will not re-sign with Vikings before free agency | ProFootballTalk

I agree with some other folks on here that as long as he doesn't command #1 WR money, he would be ane excellent addition to the CHIEFS!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

And speaking of FA WR's, I'm also a big fan of Steve Smith fromt he Giants. What do you all think?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    And speaking of FA WR's, I'm also a big fan of Steve Smith fromt he Giants. What do you all think?
    Don't think the Giants will let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Don't think the Giants will let him go.
    I'm not so sure that the Giants will let go of Smith either but you just never know they may have a lot of faith in Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham that they may let go of Smith they probably wont but thats one scenario that might happen

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I'm not so sure that the Giants will let go of Smith either but you just never know they may have a lot of faith in Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham that they may let go of Smith they probably wont but thats one scenario that might happen
    Hey maybe they will let him go cus they are planning to sign Plaxico back haha.

Wouldn't mind that! I'll take Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Hey maybe they will let him go cus they are planning to sign Plaxico back haha.

Wouldn't mind that! I'll take Smith.
    there are a lot of things that can happen with the WR position because there are a lot of good WR's in the FA pool so I hope the Chiefs can get one of the good WR's

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    D-Bowe, Sydney Rice ans Steve Smith all in the same conversation again?

I remember having liked all of them when we drafted Bowe, and he was, then, my favorite of the three.

I would be pretty happy to see either of those guys added to The Chiefs' offense.

The Giants seem to be pretty deep at WR. I am not so sure they will feel the need to keep him around.

They did get good production from Hakeem Nicks , and Mario Manningham. And Derek Hagan did pretty well in limited playing time as well.

That kind of depth may diminish Smith's value with The Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    D-Bowe, Sydney Rice ans Steve Smith all in the same conversation again?

I remember having liked all of them when we drafted Bowe, and he was, then, my favorite of the three.

I would be pretty happy to see either of those guys added to The Chiefs' offense.

The Giants seem to be pretty deep at WR. I am not so sure they will feel the need to keep him around.

They did get good production from Hakeem Nicks , and Mario Manningham. And Derek Hagan did pretty well in limited playing time as well.

That kind of depth may diminish Smith's value with The Giants.
    Just got word that the Giants re-signed WR's Derek Hagan and Darius Reynaud to 1yr deals. This may be good news, because there is no news of Smith Re-signing yet.

Another Name for WR2 that I just read some news on:

The Jags have decided not to place a tender on WR Mike Sims-Walker and he will become a FA. I think he would be an excellent WR2, he is still young (26), He had to set out his first season and a half due to injury, but showed a good flash last season (63 rec, 870yds, 7tds), This would be considered technically his 3rd season so he may have played just enough to get his feet wet, and may start to flourish. He is used to a run-first offensive system, and shouldn't demand a high ticket price. I like the idea of bringing him on board.

I was also Joking around when I said the Giants might let Steve Smith go so they could re-sign Plaxico Burress.

But it seems Brandon Jacobs and Osi Umenyiora are serious about bringing him back. In this article they state that if the Giants bring back plaxico, they feel it would bring them back up to competing with the top teams in the league. Jacobs mentions that they have Hakeem Nicks but no word about Steve Smith.... He might actually hit the open market!

We will see as time passes by...