Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if Mallet or Locker fall to #21

Default What if Mallet or Locker fall to #21

Should we take either QB if they are there at 21?

I am not opposed to drafting a QB, we do not do well in drafted QB's. That could change, but that is not a position of need. We have other needs to fill. If we took a QB in the draft, I prefer it to be in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am not opposed to drafting a QB, we do not do well in drafted QB's. That could change, but that is not a position of need. We have other needs to fill. If we took a QB in the draft, I prefer it to be in the later rounds.
    I agree. Even if I thought we ultimately need an upgrade over Cassel (which I don't), this would be a bad pick. We are too far into the building process to be grooming a young QB. A backup QB can be addressed in the later rounds or FA.

We need to fill one of the three or four major holes we have with this pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxermm187 View Post
    and waste a first round pick for one, when the chiefs have bigger hole to fill. don't make sense
    Tell that to Green Bay in 2005 when they grabbed Aaron Rodgers with the 24th pick of the 1st round - while Favre was still going strong (Pro-bowl 2004).
    SHUT IT

If Ryan Mallot dropped to number 21 in the draft I think we have to get him. As a Chiefs fan I am tired of getting QB's in FA and late in the draft lets take a risk and pick up Mallot if he is there at 21.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    Did Green Bay make a bad choice when they selected a qb of the future when they still had a probowl qb?
    No they didn't, but they also had a more complete team than the Chiefs currently have, and a QB that had been contemplating retirement, a good reason to be able to pick one.

If we were in that situation then yes, but we aren't

I agree, don't waste a first round pick on a backup QB when we have more important needs to fill.

I'd much rather see the Chiefs take a QB in the middle rounds. Ricky Stanzi of Iowa comes to mind, as he has played with Moeaki & knows him. If Stanzi were to last till the 5th round, he's be a good pick in that round.

I agree other position need filled or upgraded, but second string QB has to be on that list.
    We all agree Croyle is done.
    As far as, signing one in FA. Who?
    The list is short and the list has absolutely no one i like.
    Matt Hasselbeck but he'll get solid money from someone to come start.
    All i am saying is think of the SD game without Cassel easily our worst game of the year(don't even mention that raider game please....ain't quite over it yet)

I personally wanted several other players.
    However, if one of these guys falls to #21 we got to consider it right?

We won't get either of these guys in the first round.I'm not a huge Cassel fan but we don't need to waste a first rounder on those guys.If we don't do things right in the draft and free agency.We will be 6-10 for the 2011 season.Then we can wheel and deal to get luck in the 2012 season.Hope that's not true Chiefs fans but we have holes to feel and a brutal schedule.We do need someone to back up Cassel this year though.Croyle is done,he stinks.

We have a 27? year old pro-bowl qb who just had the best year of his career, of course we should spend our 1st Rd pick on a backup qb. We really dont have any other holes to fill anyhow.

I'd pass on both.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast