Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we signed one of these 2 OT...

Default If we signed one of these 2 OT...

Jamaal Brown or Tyson Clabo?

You might want to pass on Gaither. Back problems are hard to over come for an O lineman. I asked my son (who lives in Bmore and a huge Ravens fan) about him last spring. He said he is a *****, lazy, doesn't work hard and over weight. He fell out of favor with the Ravens fr a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The problem is all these guys are LT's & I'm not sure that they are going to willing to come to KC to play Right Tackle. Plus they more than likely would get better offers to play LT somewhere else.

Gaither is so injury prone. Got great upside. Maybe bring him in put #77 on him ( seems to be a charmed # for Chiefs LT's that have worn it, if you know Chiefs history ) and his physical fortunes might change. However, I'd want him at LT as he was pretty good at that position when he did play.
    Yeah. I prefer a guy who is capable of competing for the LOT spot, or ROT.

The injury situation is definitely 'iffy'. But I think it may be worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I just looked it up. That 3rd round pick was spent on Tank Tyler. I suppose hind sight is 20-20, but Willie Roaf had retired just a couple years before and the need for an OT was there. And it don't look like Gaither will be going anywhere:

NFL.com news: Ravens set meeting with OT Gaither in hopes of retaining him
    I believe that the third rounder we could have had him with would have come from the following seasons draft. That means DaJuan Morgan at #82; Brad Cottam at #76; or Jamaal Charles at #73.

If memory serves, then we could have used a lower third to acquire him, meaning Cottam or Morgan.

But we would have done it without seeing the '08 draft options, as it would have been almost a year prior to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You might want to pass on Gaither. Back problems are hard to over come for an O lineman. I asked my son (who lives in Bmore and a huge Ravens fan) about him last spring. He said he is a *****, lazy, doesn't work hard and over weight. He fell out of favor with the Ravens fr a reason.
    I didn't hear anything about him falling out of The Ravens' favor. Just a back injury, as far as I had known.

That doesn't mean it isn't true. Just that this the first I have heard of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12