Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todd Haley most likely not going to be OC in 2011

Default Todd Haley most likely not going to be OC in 2011

Haley said Tuesday on Sirius NFL radio that he will most likely not be the OC next year in 2011-2012 season. I'm glad to see that Haley has learned from his mistake in his first year of his head coaching career. Here is a nice little article about Haley not wanting to be the OC.

Todd Haley Says He’s Not Likely To Become OC | KC Chiefs Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not sure what mistake you all are refferring to with him being OC. Haley parted ways with Chan Gailey after Gailey got Cassel hurt in a pre-season game, in a spread offense. Haley took over as OC to implement his system. At that point in the season, you will not find a long term OC to fill the role Haley wanted.

One year later, they hire an OC with time to interview, and implemented a play book around the foundation Haley set up.

I see some people calling it a mistake, but I have no doubt in my mind that Haley used his first year as a weeding year. He was seeing first hand who he wanted to keep, That includes coaches. He filled in at OC, only to prevent from making a rush mistake by hiring a OC after letting Gailey go.

I do think Haley intends to find an OC but only if the right guy fits. If they can't find that guy, he will probably resume that role until they find the right guy..

So while you all call it a mistake, I think Long Term Haley was doing what was best for the team.
    100% agree with this post.

The 2009 Chiefs were not going to be a good team no matter who was calling the plays. They just were not a good football team. If Chan had been the OC then last year we would have had to watch them put in a whole new offensive system witch would have set this team back. I agreed with the choice then and defended it then and I still do. It was the right choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    IMO I think Haley is wanting to groom an OC instead of having an experienced OC. I think him and Pioli are trying to find the next Josh McDaniels.
    Agreed. I think there is only room for so many egos in that building. Charlie wasn't a 'yes' man. Despite what you may read, this is why he left. Not because he has always dreamed of being a college O.C. The writing was on the wall for Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am not sure what mistake you all are refferring to with him being OC. Haley parted ways with Chan Gailey after Gailey got Cassel hurt in a pre-season game, in a spread offense. Haley took over as OC to implement his system. At that point in the season, you will not find a long term OC to fill the role Haley wanted.

One year later, they hire an OC with time to interview, and implemented a play book around the foundation Haley set up.

I see some people calling it a mistake, but I have no doubt in my mind that Haley used his first year as a weeding year. He was seeing first hand who he wanted to keep, That includes coaches. He filled in at OC, only to prevent from making a rush mistake by hiring a OC after letting Gailey go.

I do think Haley intends to find an OC but only if the right guy fits. If they can't find that guy, he will probably resume that role until they find the right guy..

So while you all call it a mistake, I think Long Term Haley was doing what was best for the team.
    Excellent post. Agree completely.

I believe that Haley could be O.C. and it could still work. It doesn't seem to be a problem for Mike McCathy and the GB Packers. But I'd prefer to see us have a dedicated O.C. We've seen both scenarios under Todd Haley, the scenario where he is full-time coach led to a pretty productive offense and a trip to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Agreed. I think there is only room for so many egos in that building. Charlie wasn't a 'yes' man. Despite what you may read, this is why he left. Not because he has always dreamed of being a college O.C. The writing was on the wall for Charlie.

Excellent post. Agree completely.

I believe that Haley could be O.C. and it could still work. It doesn't seem to be a problem for Mike McCathy and the GB Packers. But I'd prefer to see us have a dedicated O.C. We've seen both scenarios under Todd Haley, the scenario where he is full-time coach led to a pretty productive offense and a trip to the playoffs.
    Good point. If Haley is, in deed, trying to groom an OC in his own image then I say fill that role from within the organization with someone familiar with what Haley wants in an OC and a familiarity with the talent on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    IMO I think Haley is wanting to groom an OC instead of having an experienced OC. I think him and Pioli are trying to find the next Josh McDaniels.
    I think you're exactly right. If we were interested in a rusty veteran, we would have picked them up by now.
    Decree from Chiefster: You have mentioned he who can not be mentioned here. You are BANNED!!!! BANNED I SAY!!!!!!

I don't consider his first year as Chiefs HC & OC when considering whether or not he'd do well at being both currently. There were so many factors, unusual circumstances, & so on, that affected his doing both negatively his first year. The same is not the case now, although it doesn't matter to me one way or another, I'm good with whatever choices Haley makes. 'In Haley I Trust'...until he gives me 'current' reason not to. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sign JON GRUDEN

Quote Originally Posted by MoShak123 View Post
    Sign JON GRUDEN
    Jon Gruden and Todd Haley would not beable to get a long

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12