Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley most likely not going to be OC in 2011

Default Todd Haley most likely not going to be OC in 2011

Haley said Tuesday on Sirius NFL radio that he will most likely not be the OC next year in 2011-2012 season. I'm glad to see that Haley has learned from his mistake in his first year of his head coaching career. Here is a nice little article about Haley not wanting to be the OC.

Todd Haley Says He’s Not Likely To Become OC | KC Chiefs Blog

He might want to call plays for a series or so, but all of you should know he is too smart to make the same mistake again.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    He might want to call plays for a series or so, but all of you should know he is too smart to make the same mistake again.
    I wouldn't mind him calling plays every once in awhile but I just dont want him to have all the duties of being a head coach and all the duties of being an OC. So if he wants to be head coach and then call some plays during the game then im cool with it.

That is good news Todd Haley the head coach was much better then Todd Haley the Head Coach/oc

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That is good news Todd Haley the head coach was much better then Todd Haley the Head Coach/oc
    No kidding, you never knew when the Todd Haley head coach/oc was going to blow up lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    No kidding, you never knew when the Todd Haley head coach/oc was going to blow up lol
    I agree totally... I mean even his demeanor on the sidelines was more focused and calm. He seemed way less stressed out. And I can only attribute that to delegating OC to weiss or anger medication... or both. hahaha

Ok but who else is left out there besides the OC's in the super bowl. The better remaining OC's have been signed allready unless there's others out there that I don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I agree totally... I mean even his demeanor on the sidelines was more focused and calm. He seemed way less stressed out. And I can only attribute that to delegating OC to weiss or anger medication... or both. hahaha
    I think that the haveing a year under his belt helped as well. It was a diffrent Haley then in his first season for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Ok but who else is left out there besides the OC's in the super bowl. The better remaining OC's have been signed allready unless there's others out there that I don't know about?
    IMO I think Haley is wanting to groom an OC instead of having an experienced OC. I think him and Pioli are trying to find the next Josh McDaniels.

I am not sure what mistake you all are refferring to with him being OC. Haley parted ways with Chan Gailey after Gailey got Cassel hurt in a pre-season game, in a spread offense. Haley took over as OC to implement his system. At that point in the season, you will not find a long term OC to fill the role Haley wanted.

One year later, they hire an OC with time to interview, and implemented a play book around the foundation Haley set up.

I see some people calling it a mistake, but I have no doubt in my mind that Haley used his first year as a weeding year. He was seeing first hand who he wanted to keep, That includes coaches. He filled in at OC, only to prevent from making a rush mistake by hiring a OC after letting Gailey go.

I do think Haley intends to find an OC but only if the right guy fits. If they can't find that guy, he will probably resume that role until they find the right guy..

So while you all call it a mistake, I think Long Term Haley was doing what was best for the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast