Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: A way to ignore users?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO
    Posts
    2,417
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default A way to ignore users?


    0 Not allowed!
    Wondering about implementing a way to ignore users who just try to get a rise out of everyone and rarely if ever add anything worthwhile to the thread. Something that allows the individual user to ignore all posts from one user. This way there may be less arguments between users. Have to admit partial credit for this idea comes from timsatt1 and drunk hillbilly couldn't do it all myself.




  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Wondering about implementing a way to ignore users who just try to get a rise out of everyone and rarely if ever add anything worthwhile to the thread. Something that allows the individual user to ignore all posts from one user. This way there may be less arguments between users. Have to admit partial credit for this idea comes from timsatt1 and drunk hillbilly couldn't do it all myself.
    I had wondered about this as well. Another site I go to has it, and it's a great feature.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Wondering about implementing a way to ignore users who just try to get a rise out of everyone and rarely if ever add anything worthwhile to the thread. Something that allows the individual user to ignore all posts from one user. This way there may be less arguments between users. Have to admit partial credit for this idea comes from timsatt1 and drunk hillbilly couldn't do it all myself.

    You should read some of my posts, I think you will find that some of them are very well thought out and actually bring facts to the board!

    I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Sorry if you disagree with what few posts you have read of mine but I am not the type of person to stroke you or the team when I don't agree with what you are doing or saying. I have been a fan for over 30 years and been to more games than I can count in more city's than I can count so I feel I have earned a right to call myself a fan as well as voice my opinions! Hell, some of them are even positive!!! I'm sorry I am not very social when it comes to all the post whoring but I am working on it. I mostly want to talk football but can get side tracked once in a while. Like now.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Wondering about implementing a way to ignore users who just try to get a rise out of everyone and rarely if ever add anything worthwhile to the thread. Something that allows the individual user to ignore all posts from one user. This way there may be less arguments between users. Have to admit partial credit for this idea comes from timsatt1 and drunk hillbilly couldn't do it all myself.

    You mean just have part of a thread not show or covered with asterisks or something?

    That wouldn't work for me because it would ruin the continuity of the thread.

    I accidentally responded to what timsatt1 said in a response to his "what is wrong with our board" because he quoted Canada about DrunkHillbilly but glad you pointed them both out.

    I hate to start taking sides because I agree with so much of what everyone says, but the rhetoric is making me vomit in my mouth.

    I asked him to politely express his point of views (well not politely really) and debate rather than start a war among the fans (mostly DrunkHillbilly right now, but as soon as timsatt1 got here he went after Canada) so blocking those posts won't help the thread, but you could just not read them?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I didn't hear anything luv or bryonc said - I have filtered them out. I only listen to posts from the master:

    STLCHIEF
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I should add that I haven't coe across anyone on this BB that I would want to put on ignore.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You should read some of my posts, I think you will find that some of them are very well thought out and actually bring facts to the board!

    I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Sorry if you disagree with what few posts you have read of mine but I am not the type of person to stroke you or the team when I don't agree with what you are doing or saying. I have been a fan for over 30 years and been to more games than I can count in more city's than I can count so I feel I have earned a right to call myself a fan as well as voice my opinions! Hell, some of them are even positive!!!
    Dude look at your sig how can you say your not trying to get a rise?

    And I agree with so much that you say it hurts, it hurts to do it.

    It's the way you are so intolerant when others say they are undying fans that won't *****, that is their prerogative and just blow it off and respond with an unemotional response so you don't trigger THEM to make an emotional response.

    Can't we all just get along?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    I didn't hear anything luv or bryonc said - I have filtered them out. I only listen to posts from the master:

    STLCHIEF
    Oh... you again....hmmmm.

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You mean just have part of a thread not show or covered with asterisks or something?

    That wouldn't work for me because it would ruin the continuity of the thread.

    I accidentally responded to what timsatt1 said in a response to his "what is wrong with our board" because he quoted Canada about DrunkHillbilly but glad you pointed them both out.

    I hate to start taking sides because I agree with so much of what everyone says, but the rhetoric is making me vomit in my mouth.

    I asked him to politely express his point of views (well not politely really) and debate rather than start a war among the fans (mostly DrunkHillbilly right now, but as soon as timsatt1 got here he went after Canada) so blocking those posts won't help the thread, but you could just not read them?
    I would think by now Herm that you would know that I am not here to stir the ****. I do however have a problem when someone basically insults me by comparing my mantality to a 5th grader. It doesn't hurt my feelings it just pisses me off and I'm not sure anyone else would be any different! I can't help it if the guy insulting me strokes the team and they can do nothing wrong in his eyes. For god sakes, he commented on how much he hates it when people on here ***** and moan about the play calling. I guess he was talking about you!!!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I know that if you go to a particular users profile, there IS a way to put them on "ignore". I'm not sure if that would remove that members posts, or what it would do, entirely. But, there is an "ignore" option. I reccomend putting some thought into it though. I have little problem ignoring drunkhillbilly, without that option. (Teasin', hillbilly.) I have always been able to get past my differences with other members. Rather they stay and we choose to disagree, or if they wind-up moving on.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •