Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A way to ignore users?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default A way to ignore users?

Wondering about implementing a way to ignore users who just try to get a rise out of everyone and rarely if ever add anything worthwhile to the thread. Something that allows the individual user to ignore all posts from one user. This way there may be less arguments between users. Have to admit partial credit for this idea comes from timsatt1 and drunk hillbilly couldn't do it all myself.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I know that if you go to a particular users profile, there IS a way to put them on "ignore". I'm not sure if that would remove that members posts, or what it would do, entirely. But, there is an "ignore" option. I reccomend putting some thought into it though. I have little problem ignoring drunkhillbilly, without that option. (Teasin', hillbilly.) I have always been able to get past my differences with other members. Rather they stay and we choose to disagree, or if they wind-up moving on.
    It kind of sucks when they leave. Especially when you hadn't even started arguing with them yet.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Dude look at your sig how can you say your not trying to get a rise?

And I agree with so much that you say it hurts, it hurts to do it.

It's the way you are so intolerant when others say they are undying fans that won't *****, that is their prerogative and just blow it off and respond with an unemotional response so you don't trigger THEM to make an emotional response.

Can't we all just get along?
    I guess your right sorta??????? I'm just not sure what gives one person the right to tell someone they are full of **** basically and not right for the other to respond????

Also, what is an undying fan? One that is never critical?

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    It kind of sucks when they leave. Especially when you hadn't even started arguing with them yet.

Yes. Everyone.. Ahem... Luv can tell you all about chasing people from the site.

Yes. Everyone.. Ahem... Luv can tell you all about chasing people from the site.

I can't take credit for that. I didn't even have to try.

I know that if you go to a particular users profile, there IS a way to put them on "ignore". I'm not sure if that would remove that members posts, or what it would do, entirely. But, there is an "ignore" option. I reccomend putting some thought into it though. I have little problem ignoring drunkhillbilly, without that option. (Teasin', hillbilly.) I have always been able to get past my differences with other members. Rather they stay and we choose to disagree, or if they wind-up moving on.

You *******!!!!

Seriously though, I'm not sure I have debated with anyone more than you! It always seems to work itself out though even if we have to agree to disagree. Oh, you just said that. My bad! Just seems like some people like to dish it out but can't take it when it comes flyin back! Oh well, I do however think it's comical how people want to ignor me. Go to the settings and hit the ignore option!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I would think by now Herm that you would know that I am not here to stir the ****. I do however have a problem when someone basically insults me by comparing my mantality to a 5th grader. It doesn't hurt my feelings it just pisses me off and I'm not sure anyone else would be any different! I can't help it if the guy insulting me strokes the team and they can do nothing wrong in his eyes. For god sakes, he commented on how much he hates it when people on here ***** and moan about the play calling. I guess he was talking about you!!!
    I didn't say I was on Canada's side, man.

I agree with you that we have a say in what the Chiefs should do with the team.

I embarrassed by what I see happening to my team with the talent we have.

I believe this will be the week we turn the offense around, and with this awesome defense we have, we are going to win the division.

No one should be insulting anothers intelligence (unless they listen to Rush Limbaugh) because we can't hope to know anothers true thoughts.

What alot of people say is usually expressed in an emotional state and causes a certain bias (not byast) in their response.

That is what should be avoided to have continuity focusing on rooting for and discussing ways to improve) OUR Chiefs!

I hope that I have ticked off enough people, and placated others enough where we can have reasonable discourse on what really matters:

Supporting THE PLAYERS!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I would love nothing more then to never have to ignore a user. But in reality it is something the might be a good idea. Would absolutely have to have some way to undo it so as not to ignore forever. Maybe someone has a bad day ... ignore them the rest of the day and go from there. I don't mind the differing points of view I actually like them, it is when by just reading posts I feel the need to retaliate and to take the side of one Chiefs fan over another. FWIW DrunkHillbilly I have been reading your post and a lot of the time you have very valid ideas but they way you present them makes me fuming mad. And when you attack other posters for expressing their valid opinion, well it throws your valid ideas out the window because I no longer care what you have to say. And if I am going to err im going to err on the side of the Chiefs and the fans I feel are supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I would love nothing more then to never have to ignore a user. But in reality it is something the might be a good idea. Would absolutely have to have some way to undo it so as not to ignore forever. Maybe someone has a bad day ... ignore them the rest of the day and go from there. I don't mind the differing points of view I actually like them, it is when by just reading posts I feel the need to retaliate and to take the side of one Chiefs fan over another. FWIW DrunkHillbilly I have been reading your post and a lot of the time you have very valid ideas but they way you present them makes me fuming mad. And when you attack other posters for expressing their valid opinion, well it throws your valid ideas out the window because I no longer care what you have to say. And if I am going to err im going to err on the side of the Chiefs and the fans I feel are supporters.
    Hey I figured the ignore thing out.

Step 1: See a post you want to ignore.

Step 2: Ignore it!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

How could I have missed that.

Trust me. Someday, there might be a poster that annoys the crap out of you. You get tired of their ****e, so you put them on ignore so you don't have to see anything they write.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast