Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A way to ignore users?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default A way to ignore users?

Wondering about implementing a way to ignore users who just try to get a rise out of everyone and rarely if ever add anything worthwhile to the thread. Something that allows the individual user to ignore all posts from one user. This way there may be less arguments between users. Have to admit partial credit for this idea comes from timsatt1 and drunk hillbilly couldn't do it all myself.

I have tried ignore on other sites but really don't like it. You find yourself wondering why the thread is missing pace on something before you realize it is because the ignore is making a hole in the conversation.

I just ignore the users that are not making any sense on my own rather than having the board do it for me.

Just as easy and less confusing.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I would love nothing more then to never have to ignore a user. But in reality it is something the might be a good idea. Would absolutely have to have some way to undo it so as not to ignore forever. Maybe someone has a bad day ... ignore them the rest of the day and go from there. I don't mind the differing points of view I actually like them, it is when by just reading posts I feel the need to retaliate and to take the side of one Chiefs fan over another. FWIW DrunkHillbilly I have been reading your post and a lot of the time you have very valid ideas but they way you present them makes me fuming mad. And when you attack other posters for expressing their valid opinion, well it throws your valid ideas out the window because I no longer care what you have to say. And if I am going to err im going to err on the side of the Chiefs and the fans I feel are supporters.

Listen, you are well within your right to say anything you like to whoever you want. AND SO AM I! Most of the time when my posts goes sideways, it's because someone has suggested that I am an idiot or have no idea what I am talking about. Another reason is what you are doing right now by insinuating that I am not a supporter of the Chiefs! Your profile stes that you have been a fan for 16 years. I applaud that. However, I have been to more Chiefs games than you have watched!!! So, the next time you decide to decifer who and who is not a "real fan", consider the name of the site you are on! With one exception ( timsomething or other ) I can't think of another person here that isn't a "real Chiefs fan"

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I have tried ignore on other sites but really don't like it. You find yourself wondering why the thread is missing pace on something before you realize it is because the ignore is making a hole in the conversation.

I just ignore the users that are not making any sense on my own rather than having the board do it for me.

Just as easy and less confusing.
    Well, fine! Just be that way! See if I care!

hehehe
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Listen, you are well within your right to say anything you like to whoever you want. AND SO AM I! Most of the time when my posts goes sideways, it's because someone has suggested that I am an idiot or have no idea what I am talking about. Another reason is what you are doing right now by insinuating that I am not a supporter of the Chiefs! Your profile stes that you have been a fan for 16 years. I applaud that. However, I have been to more Chiefs games than you have watched!!! So, the next time you decide to decifer who and who is not a "real fan", consider the name of the site you are on! With one exception ( timsomething or other ) I can't think of another person here that isn't a "real Chiefs fan"
    So, you are a season ticket holder?

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post

I missed this. Did someone say something? These filters ROCK!
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    So, you are a season ticket holder?
    No, not me. My grandfather was for about 30 years or so. Royals too! I travel to Arrowhead at least once every two years or so but I go to about 6 or 7 games a year in different cities. Looks like I may only make 4 or 5 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    I'm sorry. Was that supposed to be funny? :p

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    No, not me. My grandfather was for about 30 years or so. Royals too! I travel to Arrowhead at least once every two years or so but I go to about 6 or 7 games a year in different cities.
    Well, according to Carl, you sir are not a REAL fan. Your Grandfather was though.

See ya'all in about 45 minutes.....if you don't have me on ignore! :p

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast