Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The worst thing ever.

Default The worst thing ever.

I had to put my dog to sleep at 1 a.m. yesterday morning. It was awful, I was torn for weeks between letting her die naturally or putting her to sleep. Then she was having complications the other night and I was going to wait till the morning. I had to make the decision to take her to the emergency hospitably and put her down.

I felt I did the right thing and not waiting till morning. I believe she was having seizures on the way there. I think her body was trying to shut down. A horrific thing to witness, but I am glad I did the right thing.

Here is to my dog, Annie.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...50403161310171
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Honda I'm sorry for your loss, and I know it took a lot for you to make the right decision but now you know shes not suffering anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I had to put my dog to sleep at 1 a.m. yesterday morning. It was awful, I was torn for weeks between letting her die naturally or putting her to sleep. Then she was having complications the other night and I was going to wait till the morning. I had to make the decision to take her to the emergency hospitably and put her down.

I felt I did the right thing and not waiting till morning. I believe she was having seizures on the way there. I think her body was trying to shut down. A horrific thing to witness, but I am glad I did the right thing.

Here is to my dog, Annie.

Incompatible Browser | Facebook
    I'm so sorry Honda, and know all to well how heartbreaking an experience it was for you. I'm sure you did make the right choice, especially with your dog having seizures, which can & does cause organs to fail, making it harder for the dog.

I hope your dog & my Miss Lily meet up in doggey heaven, become Chiefs doggey buddies. Lily loved the Chiefs, seriously, she would become happy & excited at the TV every time the Chiefs scored a TD & she heard the announcer say, "TOUCHDOWN KAAAAANSAS CITY!" I think she learned it from me, haha. :)
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-31-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: misspell

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12