Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard warnings posted

Default Blizzard warnings posted

heads up guys. this is shaping up to be a monster for tues. here in KC high winds heavy snow. accl 8-12 or 12-18.

100 Million Potentially Impacted by Next Storm

What: Major winter storm complete with heavy snow, sleet and freezing rain to impact Rockies, Plains, Midwest

When: Monday Night (January 31) through midday Wednesday (February 2)

Cities Potentially Impacted: Denver | Amarillo | Dallas | Oklahoma City | Wichita | Kansas City | St. Louis | Tulsa | Chicago | Indianapolis | Cincinnati | Dayton | Lexington

Scenario: Low pressure will develop in north-central Texas and tap into a huge resource of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. As the storm pushes into the Midwest, moisture will be captured and transported northward into the Front Range of the Rockies, Plains and Midwest where it will meet up with a fresh arctic air mass.

Impacts: A stripe of snow will set up from western Texas and eastern Colorado eastward across the central Plains and into the Ohio Valley. Some areas could experience a snowfall of more than 6 inches.

The snow will be accompanied with powerful winds which could produce occasional blizzard conditions for the Front Range and parts of the Plains.

South of the snow stripe, locations in the path can expect a dangerous mix of sleet and freezing rain.

Finally, there is the potential for severe storms containing damaging winds and tornadoes to sweep across Dixie from eastern Texas through Alabama.

source
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Yeah it's supposed to get nasty!

Yes they are talking about teens here in Dallas with below freezing temps for at least 48 straight hours I know that is nothing for KC but here is a different story. I am telling everybody here it is because we will do anything to make the steelers and packers fans feel at home.

up to two feet

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

They re actually reporting that there will be an estimated 9-12 inches here with isolated 15 inches. Piece of cake for folks up north of us but it's just what kids here have been praying for.

I just wish my job would close down for tuesday because I really don't want to get out in that crap.

I've not heard this weather news, been too busy working on my house, not paying attention to weather, or much else. I'm in a 'make my house a home' zone, so it and I, will be ready to entertain & host Chiefs Crowd friends soon, haha. This weather news is not good, however...I need to run errands mid to latter week, won't be able to if this weather forecast becomes reality. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

blizzard warn for KC till 6 am tomorrow. my drive way is ice coated and i fell on my a!s !!!!

blizzard warn for KC till 6 am wed. my drive way is ice coated and i fell on my a!s !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    blizzard warn for KC till 6 am tomorrow. my drive way is ice coated and i fell on my a!s !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    blizzard warn for KC till 6 am wed. my drive way is ice coated and i fell on my a!s !!!!
    A post so good it bore repeating.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast