Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2rd pick Muhammad Wilkinson dt temple

Default 2rd pick Muhammad Wilkinson dt temple

This kid is a Jr. He is a immediate starter and by yr3. Can be as good as Nh. Sue. Use free agency to shore up wr.

Strong words comparing him to Suh. He is a DE type height and weight. I can't see him as an immediate starter at all.

Default best dt in the draft

It is obvious you have not researched this kid. He 6'5" 305
    Play inside over center. 2009 61 tackles 10 for losses. 7 sacks
    2010 his Jr.season 75 tackles 14. For losses 10. Sacks
    Lets compare him to the #1prospect in this yrs.draft.
    Dt fairley. Alburn 2009 did not brake starting line up
    2010 64 tackles 4.5 sacks. Look Muhammad Wilkerson. Is outstanding defensive tackles. A captin on defence. This is just the type of player. Scott pioli picks. The type of pick that made the patriots win championships. Take the time to study this guy in the days leading up to the draft. Just my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by kcred View Post
    2010 64 tackles 4.5 sacks. Look Muhammad Wilkerson. Is outstanding defensive tackles. A captin on defence. This is just the type of player. Scott pioli picks. The type of pick that made the patriots win championships. Take the time to study this guy in the days leading up to the draft. Just my humble opinion
    I do believe that you have presented your case, excellently, and he is an excellent D-line prospect. If the Chiefs pick him, he should see considerable playing time. The comparisons to Suh might be a stretch, but we never know until he gets to the NFL and takes the field. Might not be the force that Suh was right away, but down the road, you never know. I mean who would've thought Hali was going to be the sack-beast that he was in 2010, considering that in 2008, he had only 3 on a defense that just had 10 total sacks all season.

You are wrong in that I didn't research this guy. I read every scouting report I could find on him. I agree he is a good prospect, but he would be a DE, not the needed NT. He is a 3 or 5 technique and since we don't use a 3 tech he would be a DE.
    From Draft101:
    Strengths

• Fast rising penetrator who disrupts plays in the backfield
    • Can play three or five technique
    • Good height and length
    • One of top pass rushing DTs in the draft (15 sacks the past two years including 9.5 in 2010
    • Moves well laterally - can get down the line
    • Quick of the ball and shoots gaps
    • Aggressive and plays with a high motor
    • Capable of pushing the pocket
    Weaknesses

• Loses leverage by playing upright
    • Inconsistent anchor at the point of attack
    • Needs to learn to use his hands to disengage from blockers better
    • Level of competition
    • Needs to get stronger esp. in the upper body
    • Good burst and acceleration but not overly fast.

Seems like his play style is very similar to Suh's. Thus, there really is no position in a 3-4 for him, without completely changing how he plays.

Glen Dorsey was the same kind of penetration DT when we drafted him. And he has to abandon that play style and that position (because it doesn't exist on a 3-4 defense) and learn to play a whole new position.

I think Dorsey has done very well with the change. But I don't think we want to draft a guy to teach him a whole new way of playing the game, that doesn't match the talents that he has acquired.

Playing the 3-4 NT, which grants little in the way of stats, is what has Albert Haynesworth's panties in bunch.

Few players are willing to go from playing and getting stats, to playing to allow others to get stats. Not to mention it has to be a tough transition.

But I don't know this guy. Maybe he would be thrilled to change his style like that.

Good counter argument. . I believe Scott pioli will trade out of the first rnd. He took 2safeties last ye so maybe he takes 2dlineman this yr that is how I see it this yr. All of the weaknesses you mentioned can be fixed with coaching. Weight program and experience.use free agency to upgrade at lb. Wr. I am working on my mock draft. Will post soon. Peace kc red

What, exactly, is "2rd"???

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    What, exactly, is "2rd"???
    Something that is very smelly.

Resident Celebrity

This kid is a Jr. He is a immediate starter and by yr3. Can be as good as Nh. Sue. Use free agency to shore up wr.
    Suh is an NFL top 3 DT in his rookie season. Muhammad Wilkerson is not even on the same planet. He wont be drafted by a 3-4 defense and is not a good fit for a team that is already deep at the 3-4 Defensive End position.

Glenn Dorsey, Wallace Gilberry, Tyson Jackson, Shaun smith. Expect to see that DE combination for a long time.

The Chiefs need a NT on defense and Muhammad Wilkerson is too tall to play the nose in the 3-4. He would get blown off the line.

Dont get me wrong, I like him as a late second rounder, but any comparison to one of the most dominant players to enter the league in the past decade is just not accurate.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast