Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Promote O-line Coach Bill Muir to Offensive Coordinator

Default Chiefs Promote O-line Coach Bill Muir to Offensive Coordinator

So it sounds like Haley stayed within the organization and went with Offensive line coach Bill Muir as his offensive coordinator.

I'm not sure what to think. He was an offensive coordinator for the buccaneers from 2002-2008, certainly not stellar offenses. Sounds like a guy that Haley can have more control over as to how the offense runs.

Source: http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/33214694516858880

Well, lets hope it is his lack of offense with Tampa was due to lack of talent. I mean there was some real no names on that offense for years. The best player was their full back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well, lets hope it is his lack of offense with Tampa was due to lack of talent. I mean there was some real no names on that offense for years. The best player was their full back.
    I think the situation here is very similar...Gruden was calling the plays in Tampa.

I'am glad that the wait is over and now the Chiefs can move forward, Not saying that it will I really dont know much about the guy but I just hope this move doesn't make us take a step backwards.

Perhaps he'll pound the table for O-Lineman in the upcoming draft.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Perhaps he'll pound the table for O-Lineman in the upcoming draft.
    If he pounds the table for O-lineman like you have then I think the Chiefs will be drafting some O-lineman

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    If he pounds the table for O-lineman like you have then I think the Chiefs will be drafting some O-lineman
    Well, my biggest fear is that a couple of guys are aging and they have a tough schedule this year. I look at the Balt game and can't help but wonder if Cassel had fully recovered from the beating he took from the Raiders the week before. Nobody wants to see that happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Well, my biggest fear is that a couple of guys are aging and they have a tough schedule this year. I look at the Balt game and can't help but wonder if Cassel had fully recovered from the beating he took from the Raiders the week before. Nobody wants to see that happen again.
    I agree 100% that if it happens again who knows if Cassel will end up like Trent Green and not ever recover and then we are really screwed

Not at all surprised that this is how it worked out. We will just have to wait and see how it goes. Hopefully this is a good move.

We knew it would be a "yes" man. He is now part of the tree. I am fine with this hire. We might as well get used to losing coordinators, that is what happens to good teams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast