Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: About Tony Dungy

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    231
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default About Tony Dungy


    0 Not allowed!
    Anyone else feel that he set up Tampa and Indianapolis for the superbowl the year after he left (for Tampa) or was it something else. I just find it interesting that the year he leaves both places they get a ring and after they become complete garbage (because the new coach really has to show his stuff rather than roll with it). I also want to give less credit to the Colts and Manning... hehe
    Hearing about our O Line coach being from Tampa made me think of it.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I guess anything is possible. Dungy left both those organizations in better shape then he found them.


  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Anyone else feel that he set up Tampa and Indianapolis for the superbowl the year after he left (for Tampa) or was it something else. I just find it interesting that the year he leaves both places they get a ring and after they become complete garbage (because the new coach really has to show his stuff rather than roll with it). I also want to give less credit to the Colts and Manning... hehe
    Hearing about our O Line coach being from Tampa made me think of it.

    Tony D won super bowl XLI the colts only super bowl win since super bowl V.......its a no brainer that he built indy to win it then retired. as for the bucs he couldn't spark the team so they got the fiery intense gruden in there to push them over the hump. i'd love to see him replace JoPa at Penn State he would be the perfect fit for that university.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Tony D won super bowl XLI the colts only super bowl win since super bowl V.......its a no brainer that he built indy to win it then retired. as for the bucs he couldn't spark the team so they got the fiery intense gruden in there to push them over the hump. i'd love to see him replace JoPa at Penn State he would be the perfect fit for that university.

    I thought it was funny and poetic justice that it was Gruden that beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl that year.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I thought it was funny and poetic justice that it was Gruden that beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl that year.

    indeed it was, and its the only time i rooted for the nfc

  6. #6
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I give credit to Dungy for building a short-term winner in Tampa Bay. But Indy was already in place. He had very little work to do there.Though he definitely did the work that was needed.

    Overall, I find him to be a top-notch DC, but I still question his abilities as a HC.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I give credit to Dungy for building a short-term winner in Tampa Bay. But Indy was already in place. He had very little work to do there.Though he definitely did the work that was needed.

    Overall, I find him to be a top-notch DC, but I still question his abilities as a HC.
    Jim Mora might disagree with you. LOL!


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    231
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Well for some reason I like him as a coach.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Well for some reason I like him as a coach.
    No doubt, I like him.

    I think he built a great team in Tampa Bay.

    But with Indy, they were already a top contender when he arrived.

    Certainly, they had had a bad season. But the offense was in terrific condition, and Dungy didn't have to touch it.

    All he had to do was get the defense to play well for a few postseason games. Which he did, in 2007.

    I just question rather he would be a Super Bowl HC without a ready-made offense.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,530
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Jim Mora is the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS of coaches,he has been to 6 playoff games w/2 #1 seedings and lost them all!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tony G.
    By dale6734 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM
  2. Tony
    By chiefhog88 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 06:12 PM
  3. Tony G # 3
    By YZILLA in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:09 PM
  4. #62 for Tony G
    By Canada in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •