Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best mock draft/ offseason pickups yet I promise

Default Best mock draft/ offseason pickups yet I promise

Chiefs need -- OLB, NT, WR, C ,RT

Chiefs Mock draft:

1st round: Akeem ayers olb

With vrabel turning 104 next season i think it is time we upgrade . I saw a huge hole in our pass and run defense on the left side because of his lack of speed. Ayers is the pass covering run stopping olb we need . If ayers is not available we should pick justin houston olb.

2nd round: Jerrel powe NT

We have been lacking that 2 gap run stopping NT since we switched to a 3-4 and i think jerrel powe has the most upside of any nt in the draft with prototypical size of 6'2 320.. If he is not available we should address the Center position with stephen wisniewski C

3rd round: John moffit OG

With our line getting older (waters weigmann lilja ) we need to start to put the pieces in place and no better way to do it then to draft john moffit i have watched this guy play through college and he is one of the best Lineman i have seen .

4th round : Terrence tolliver WR

As i feel we will address Wr in free agency and hopefully make room for Fitz next season (long shot but fingers crossed) we will wait till 4th round to get another good lsu boy to play across bowe .

5th round : John kirkpatrick C

If we have not addressed C by not then we do by drafting one of the most underrated C in the draft in kirkpatrick

6th round: John clay RB

with the 6th pick of the draft we draft our thunder to our lighting in clay .I think clay has a great upside in the nfl. He had a great career with the badgers and i feel with thomas jones (workout warrior ) mentoring him he will shed some fat and turn to one of the biggest steals in the draft .

Offseason Moves

First and foremost sign Tamba hali to long term contract no questions asked .

Resign Shaun Smith
    What can i say i think this guy is nuts . But he adds a flare to the team and really grabbed hold of one of my favorate player spots + we can get for cheap and our dline is thin .

Sign Brandon Flowers to extention a year early ..He had somewhat of an off year( for his potential ) and his stock is at a low for him . I believe he will have a breakout year next year and look for Revis money so LOCK HIM UP before that

Sign Steve Breason WR

good reciever to pair up with Bowe

Sign Richard Marshall CB

Let carr go unless we can get him for cheap and bring in a little upgrade in marshall .

Sign Dennis Dixon backup Qb

Let Croyel leave and never look back .

THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO NICE TO MEET YOU ALL AND PLEASE feel free to CRITIQUE AS MUST AS POSSIBLE

Nice first post! Welcome to the crowd.

I do like Ayers as a first rounder. I would love to take him if he makes it to the Chiefs. I question if they'll go OLB in the first round though with Sheffield and Studebaker in the works. Ayers is certainly a "freak" athlete that would be a nice addition to the defense.

Powell would be a very solid NT that could develop and most likely split time at NT from the get go. Definitely great to have a fresh guy in there at NT that can take on multiple linemen.

I like Moffit and Clay too (being from WI and having watched them play a lot). Moffit would provide some much needed depth at guard and could definitely develop into an everyday starter.

Totally agree on Tamba, he needs to be resigned. Dennis Dixon is an interesting QB name. Didn't realize he was a FA, would love to have him as a backup.

Welcome aboard!

Good mock. I think this Chiefs draft will be more predictable than last year. Still everything is up in the air until free agency plays out. If we don't address WR in fa, then I think it will be addressed in the first 2 rounds. There are two many serviceable #2 WR in free agency to not get someone.

Great first post and mock.

Quote Originally Posted by bfucci804 View Post

Chiefs Mock draft:

With vrabel turning 104 next season i think it is time we upgrade . I saw a huge hole in our pass and run defense on the left side because of his lack of speed. Ayers is the pass covering run stopping olb we need . If ayers is not available we should pick justin houston olb.

We have been lacking that 2 gap run stopping NT since we switched to a 3-4 and i think jerrel powe has the most upside of any nt in the draft with prototypical size of 6'2 320.. If he is not available we should address the Center position with stephen wisniewski C

With our line getting older (waters weigmann lilja ) we need to start to put the pieces in place and no better way to do it then to draft john moffit i have watched this guy play through college and he is one of the best Lineman i have seen .

As i feel we will address Wr in free agency and hopefully make room for Fitz next season (long shot but fingers crossed) we will wait till 4th round to get another good lsu boy to play across bowe .

If we have not addressed C by not then we do by drafting one of the most underrated C in the draft in kirkpatrick

with the 6th pick of the draft we draft our thunder to our lighting in clay .I think clay has a great upside in the nfl. He had a great career with the badgers and i feel with thomas jones (workout warrior ) mentoring him he will shed some fat and turn to one of the biggest steals in the draft .

Offseason Moves

Resign Shaun Smith
    What can i say i think this guy is nuts . But he adds a flare to the team and really grabbed hold of one of my favorate player spots + we can get for cheap and our dline is thin .

Sign Brandon Flowers to extention a year early ..He had somewhat of an off year( for his potential ) and his stock is at a low for him . I believe he will have a breakout year next year and look for Revis money so LOCK HIM UP before that

Sign Steve Breason WR

Sign Richard Marshall CB

Let carr go unless we can get him for cheap and bring in a little upgrade in marshall .

THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO NICE TO MEET YOU ALL AND PLEASE feel free to CRITIQUE AS MUST AS POSSIBLE

welcome to the crowd good mock.i agreee let croyle go i am not sure i am that big on dennis dixon though

To the Chiefs Crowd. Home of the fans of the AFC West Champs.

Chiefs Mock draft:

Offseason Moves

Resign Shaun Smith

Sign Steve Breason WR

Sign Richard Marshall CB

Welcome!!!!!

I like it. It would address a lot of needs. would not mind seeing that happen at all.

Just out of curiosity, do you see our OT positions as not needing addressed?

Sign Richard Marshall CB

By the way, Carr ranked second, amongst all NFL players, with 26 PDef.

NFL Stats: by Player Category

Not so sure if you are being entirely fair to him here. And Marshall had 10, ranking 85th.

And.... Welcome to The Crowd!!!!

Last edited by chief31; 02-05-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Sign Richard Marshall CB

No way. Carr deserves to come back as the starter in 2011. His performance in the 2nd half of the season was very good -- especially against Denver at Arrowhead. Denver tried picking on him & he met the challenge, brilliantly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast