Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best mock draft/ offseason pickups yet I promise

Default Best mock draft/ offseason pickups yet I promise

Chiefs need -- OLB, NT, WR, C ,RT

Chiefs Mock draft:

1st round: Akeem ayers olb

With vrabel turning 104 next season i think it is time we upgrade . I saw a huge hole in our pass and run defense on the left side because of his lack of speed. Ayers is the pass covering run stopping olb we need . If ayers is not available we should pick justin houston olb.

2nd round: Jerrel powe NT

We have been lacking that 2 gap run stopping NT since we switched to a 3-4 and i think jerrel powe has the most upside of any nt in the draft with prototypical size of 6'2 320.. If he is not available we should address the Center position with stephen wisniewski C

3rd round: John moffit OG

With our line getting older (waters weigmann lilja ) we need to start to put the pieces in place and no better way to do it then to draft john moffit i have watched this guy play through college and he is one of the best Lineman i have seen .

4th round : Terrence tolliver WR

As i feel we will address Wr in free agency and hopefully make room for Fitz next season (long shot but fingers crossed) we will wait till 4th round to get another good lsu boy to play across bowe .

5th round : John kirkpatrick C

If we have not addressed C by not then we do by drafting one of the most underrated C in the draft in kirkpatrick

6th round: John clay RB

with the 6th pick of the draft we draft our thunder to our lighting in clay .I think clay has a great upside in the nfl. He had a great career with the badgers and i feel with thomas jones (workout warrior ) mentoring him he will shed some fat and turn to one of the biggest steals in the draft .

Offseason Moves

First and foremost sign Tamba hali to long term contract no questions asked .

Resign Shaun Smith
    What can i say i think this guy is nuts . But he adds a flare to the team and really grabbed hold of one of my favorate player spots + we can get for cheap and our dline is thin .

Sign Brandon Flowers to extention a year early ..He had somewhat of an off year( for his potential ) and his stock is at a low for him . I believe he will have a breakout year next year and look for Revis money so LOCK HIM UP before that

Sign Steve Breason WR

good reciever to pair up with Bowe

Sign Richard Marshall CB

Let carr go unless we can get him for cheap and bring in a little upgrade in marshall .

Sign Dennis Dixon backup Qb

Let Croyel leave and never look back .

THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO NICE TO MEET YOU ALL AND PLEASE feel free to CRITIQUE AS MUST AS POSSIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    By the way, Carr ranked second, amongst all NFL players, with 26 PDef.

NFL Stats: by Player Category

Not so sure if you are being entirely fair to him here. And Marshall had 10, ranking 85th.

And.... Welcome to The Crowd!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    No way. Carr deserves to come back as the starter in 2011. His performance in the 2nd half of the season was very good -- especially against Denver at Arrowhead. Denver tried picking on him & he met the challenge, brilliantly.
    Totally agree with both of you. Carr plays very well for getting picked on a lot. Teams rarely throw to Flowers' side of the field.

Great mock and totally agree with your picks. That being said, Pioli and co. will do something completely different...
    Welcome to the Crowd.
    SHUT IT

What's up, glad you joined.

I really like the mock. I think it does a good job of addressing needs while paying respect to value.

While wide receiver is our biggest need, there won't be value at our draft spot until likely the third round.

I would keep almost everything the same, except I would target Vincent Jackson in the offseason. Breaston has had injury issues, and we have the cap room to go after a legitimate #1 receiver in Holmes, Sidney Rice, or Vincent Jackson.

I really like V-jax out of the three, because he would give Cassel another HUGE target. Cassel isn't a precision passer, so having a physical mismatch will be helpful.

I could also see us going for Gabe Carimi or Stephen Paea. Kiper had us taking Paea, which would make sense, especially considering his work ethic and character.

But he adds a flare to the team and really grabbed hold of one of my favorate player spots
    EWWWWWWW :P

Excellent mock.

Welcome to the Chiefs Crowd!

Resident Celebrity

No way. Carr deserves to come back as the starter in 2011. His performance in the 2nd half of the season was very good -- especially against Denver at Arrowhead. Denver tried picking on him & he met the challenge, brilliantly.
    Totally agree. I believe Carr is one of the most underrated players on our team. I thought he really came into his own this season for being picked on as much as he was. I would like to see him and Flowers remain our corner combo for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    I really like the mock. I think it does a good job of addressing needs while paying respect to value.

While wide receiver is our biggest need, there won't be value at our draft spot until likely the third round.

I would keep almost everything the same, except I would target Vincent Jackson in the offseason. Breaston has had injury issues, and we have the cap room to go after a legitimate #1 receiver in Holmes, Sidney Rice, or Vincent Jackson.

I really like V-jax out of the three, because he would give Cassel another HUGE target. Cassel isn't a precision passer, so having a physical mismatch will be helpful.

I could also see us going for Gabe Carimi or Stephen Paea. Kiper had us taking Paea, which would make sense, especially considering his work ethic and character.

I do agree we need to address WR2 but don't think it will be V-Jax, although hasn't been in trouble with the law, supposedly has a few character issues as far as his EGO, wouldn't mesh well with Haley and Pioli's system they are trying to implement. Same with Holmes.

Wouldn't mind Rice, but still wonder if 08-09 was his ceiling and don't know if he can produce another season like that.

I feel Breaston or Doucett are our best bet's because of the history with Haley. May be a possibility of Santanna Moss because they have tried in the past to sign veterans, but it hasn't worked out, so they might give him a try.

Really think they we'll address WR2 need in both FA and the Draft due to the dire need of an intimidate upgrade. In the draft there won't be a WR left worthy of the #21 overall pick so in rounds 2 or 3 possibly (Johnathan Baldwin, Titus Young, Torrey Smith) depending on where we pick (thinking we might trade to get an extra 2nd or trade back out of the 1st.

Carr in the 2nd half of the season was showing signs of a CB that could be a really good starting CB in the NFL. If he can keep that up then I have no problem with him comeing back as the starter. I just don't want the Carr from the first few games of the season back. IMO a lot of the TDs that people jumped on Barry over were on him at least halfway. I think it would help to bring anther CB in to push Carr at least in training camp and the preseason. But Carr did earn the right to be the front runner.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Cassel isn't a precision passer
    Ouch. Not a good trait if you're an NFL quarterback.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12