Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie Roaf -- HOF consideration

Default Willie Roaf -- HOF consideration

Just saw on NFL.com that Willie was passed over on being elected to the HOF and one of the people elected was Shannon Sharpe <--- to this I would like to give the HOF electors the big throbbing middle finger of defiance.
    No way was Sharpe more worthy of induction than Willie & to the HOF decision makers that made this choice, you can take it and stick in a small, narrow opening that never sees the light of the moon located in your lower abdomen. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Just saw on NFL.com that Willie was passed over on being elected to the HOF and one of the people elected was Shannon Sharpe <--- to this I would like to give the HOF electors the big throbbing middle finger of defiance.
    No way was Sharpe more worthy of induction than Willie & to the HOF decision makers that made this choice, you can take it and stick in a small, narrow opening that never sees the light of the moon located in your lower abdomen. Unbelievable.

As always, the fact of how well your temmates played factors into an individual honor.

It makes no sense to me. But that's how they do it.

I am not in the least surprised that they passed on him. It seems to be hard for Chiefs players to get in for some reason. I mean most would have thought that Derrick Thomas was a hall of famer it took him a few times before they finally put him in.Roaf is one that should get in. I think he will but it's going to take a couple of more tries before they finally put him in.

Yeah, it's a bunch of BS. There are countless articles on why the Hall of Fame process is ridiculous. A lot of the voters have little to do w/ football.

A lot of you don't like Whitlock, but here is a great article by him on why Roaf should be a 1st ballot HOFer: Whitlock: Willie Roaf's Hall of Fame snub is going to hurt - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I have no doubt Roaf will make it in, but it should have been first ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Yeah, it's a bunch of BS. There are countless articles on why the Hall of Fame process is ridiculous. A lot of the voters have little to do w/ football.

A lot of you don't like Whitlock, but here is a great article by him on why Roaf should be a 1st ballot HOFer: Whitlock: Willie Roaf's Hall of Fame snub is going to hurt - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I have no doubt Roaf will make it in, but it should have been first ballot.
    I saw Whitlocks article yesterday and thought WOW. It's a good read. For once I got to say he is spot on with this one.

Sharpe is a tool bag, he needs to quit CBS.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I just want to know what the voters were smoking to make the pick Sharpe over Roaf?

I have no problems with Shannon Sharp getting in over Roaf. While I hated him as a rival, and I hate his smart mouth. The guy was pretty dang good. Until Tony G showed up, he was the best Tight end to ever play the game. In a way he set the mold for the modern TE.

I do think Roaf should have got in over the other long waiting players like Richard Dent, L. Richter and Chris Hanburger.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Sharpe is a tool bag, he needs to quit CBS.

Yes he is, ever notice how he looks at a teleprompter, even when the camera is on them? He's reading every line he speaks.......shouldn't he be able to deliver his perspective without help? I can't stand him, which is also why I watch ESPN on sunday mornings. I can't believe Cowher lowers himself every week by being on TV with Sharpe.

Sharpe is in the public eye, every day. HOF voting is like anyhting else, out of sight, out of mind.

Sharpe is in sight, in mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast