Thread: My Mock Draft

Default My Mock Draft

As much as I've been pounding the table for O-Lineman, and I wouldn't complain if they took one at #1, it might be better overall if they went this way with their top 5 choices because it does a better job of filling the obvious needs. I'll only list the top five choices:

1. Aldon Smith (Missouri) or Justin Houston (Georgia ) SOLB

This one is obviously trying to fill a need for a bookend pass rusher opposite Hali.

2. Torrey Smith (Maryland) WR

This one is obviously trying to fill a need for a bookend opposite Bowe. There is a chance that Smith could fall to the Chiefs in the 2nd round at #55. Remember how Notre Dame WR Golden Tate fell to #60 last year & many had him projected to go higher than that -- some projected him as a 1st rounder. Smith represents a great value pick here.

3. Jerrell Powe (Mississippi) NT

This one tries to fill an obvious need at NT. Great value pick here. Powe is the prototype NT listed at 6' 2" and 330lbs.

4. Joseph Barksdale (LSU) OT

This one is to try an fill an obvious need at OT. Barksdale is as good a pass-blocker as any OT in the draft and taking him here tries to fill a need for quality depth at the position, plus if the Chiefs can get him playing up to his capability, there's a chance he becomes a starter in year 2, maybe late in year 1. Might be a stretch for him to fall this far, but Bruce Campbell fell to the 4th round last year, even though he was clearly the best athlete of the OT's at the Combine.

5. Jake Kirkpatrick (TCU) or Brandon Fusco (Slippery Rock) Center

The selection of either of these guys tries to fill an obvious need at Center.

These top 5 choices, if it happened this way -- and that's a BIG IF -- tries to address the Chiefs obvious needs.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 02-08-2011 at 04:41 PM.

i like it.i like aldon smith a tad bit better than houston due to houstan's coverage skills.i would be happy with either.if torrey smith falls that far he would be a solid pick.i love your 5th round pick of kirkpatrick i watched him all year he was a solid center for tcu.come to think of it there are alot of guys on that team that should produce in the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i like it.i like aldon smith a tad bit better than houston due to houstan's coverage skills.i would be happy with either.if torrey smith falls that far he would be a solid pick.i love your 5th round pick of kirkpatrick i watched him all year he was a solid center for tcu.come to think of it there are alot of guys on that team that should produce in the nfl.
    Possibility of all 5 becoming productive starters by at least year 2, and if they did, it would amount to one of the best drafts in Chiefs history & help the Chiefs be able to compete better against the better teams.

I like the first picks. Any help at getting to the other teams qb with someone that is not Hali would be a HUGE help to this teams defense. It's a must do this offseason. Either one of them would help with that.

I'd love to see Aldon wearing a chiefs jersey, this guy is a beast, I've had the pleasure of watching him on every home game,I could see him being the best pass rusher in the draft, and if hes there at #21 we need to land him.

Wouldn't mind an ILB, but I guess Belcher is worth another year to see if he gets better.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Aldon Smith or Justin Houston are both great OLB prospects. It's amazing at how deep this draft is with pass rushing OLB's. Having Sheffield and Studebaker has me on the edge about whether or not they'll take another OLB, let alone in the first round. I would love to have either of these guys though.

I also like Torrey Smith as a prospect. There's an outside chance that Jon Baldwin makes it to us in the 2nd round, and I'd rather have him, but Smith would be a solid guy to line up opposite Bowe. I also like Wisniewski from Penn St. (Center) in the 2nd if he's there.

Powe in the 3rd would be a bargain in my opinion. I don't know that he makes it that far. Certainly no reason to pass him up though should he.

We've discussed Barksdale in the other thread. I like him in this round, but again have my worries that he couldn't outplay Ciron Black (who is not on an NFL team nor was he drafted) for the starting LT job in 2009.

Not familiar with the last 2 guys yet, so I'll have to do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Aldon Smith or Justin Houston are both great OLB prospects. It's amazing at how deep this draft is with pass rushing OLB's. Having Sheffield and Studebaker has me on the edge about whether or not they'll take another OLB, let alone in the first round. I would love to have either of these guys though.
    This I have considered, as well, regarding Studebake and Sheffield -- and Sheffield has been given the clean bill of health to start playing again. That would narrow it down to WR, O-Line, NT, and I would not rule out a another Safety, as McGraw may have had it.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I'd love to see Aldon wearing a chiefs jersey, this guy is a beast, I've had the pleasure of watching him on every home game,I could see him being the best pass rusher in the draft, and if hes there at #21 we need to land him.
    Any guy that plays with a broken bone in his leg & still produces 10 TFL and 5.5 sacks, in spite of missing 3 games, like Aldon Smith did in 2010 -- that's Chiefs material there to me. You don't coach a player to be tough as nails, as Smith obviously is.