Thread: Far Too Early Fantasy Football Rankings 2011

hi tdehoff, what i want to say baout Fantasy Football Rankings 2011, Here we are nine months before the 2011 NFL regular season is set to commence, facing a potential player work action and a new collective bargaining agreement, before the onset of free agency and April's draft. And yet I'm about to blow your minds by precisely telling you the relative values of fantasy football's best players for the '11 season.

Wait. No I'm not.

I mean, I'll try. But this is, of course, a purely academic activity. Maybe it's a good baseline from which to build our lists going forward, as players change teams and depth charts become muddled or unmuddled. But without foreknowledge of these events -- and the health issues that will no doubt plague several of the people I'm about to talk about -- let's face it: We're just taking guesses.

But it's fun, right? So here's what I'll do: I'm taking a shot at each of the four major positions, and I'll jot a few notes about each player. Of course, I could go on at length about everyone mentioned here and a bunch more. And I will: For the next few months, I'll be writing full-length capsules for most every skill-position player in the NFL and greatly honing these ranks. For now, though, let's look at the ultrahazy crystal ball and do an overview. My one constraint here is I'm rolling with rosters as currently comprised. Clearly, some big names have the potential to move (DeAngelo Williams, Cedric Benson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kyle Orton et al), but I'm ignoring that for now.

for the 2011 fantasy draft, i'm taking chris johnson, harold miner, and mayor mc'cheese