Thread: mock-something a little different-offense heavy

Default mock-something a little different-offense heavy

Rd. 1 - Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois-6'0 230lbs
    Before you start freaking out, let me just explain that I'm just trying to make a mock you might not have seen before while still using real possibilities. It's no secret that when JC wasn't in the game our running game was average. Drafting Leshoure would immediately give us the explosion Jones can't deliver anymore while giving us a massive back to help keep charles fresh. He also gives us some insurance at the RB position in case there is an injury to Charles-helps keep our offense potent.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVgFcPDMQLQ"][/ame]***Video removed for inappropriate language content***

Rd. 2 - Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn St-6'3 306lbs
    We get our starting center for many years. He is a perfect fit for the ZBS.

Rd. 3 - Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana-6'3 200lbs
    Big receiver who can start opposite of Bowe and keep defenses honest. Good at getting open and has enough big-play potential to scare opposing teams. Solid #2 WR. Can also return kicks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQ3LmoeWbc"]YouTube - Tandon Doss vs. Michigan ('09)[/ame]

Rd. 4 - Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton-6'5 336lbs
    May not be a Pioli pick. Has had some character issues in the past and would be a 1st or 2nd round talent but drops because of these issues. However Pioli feels confident enough in the strength of our locker room to take a chance on a very talented player.

Rd. 5 - Tejay Johnson, FS/SS, TCU-6'0 212lbs
    Provides solid depth at the safety position while possibly pushing Lewis for the starting job. Seems to have a lot of upside.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQL9MiGVHM&feature=fvst"]YouTube - Tejay Johnson vs. SMU (2010)[/ame]

Rd. 5 - Casey Mathews, ILB, Oregon-6'1 232lbs
    Isn't the athlete that his brother Clay is, but has all the intangibles you want in a 5th round pick. Can become a solid starter next to DJ.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUz2o2a_OXA"]YouTube - Oregon linebacker Casey Matthews Highlights[/ame]

Rd. 7 - Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio St-5'11 182lbs
    Take a shot at our Wes Welker. Was impressive at the senior bowl even after being a late invite.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I08QqP7cE5A"]YouTube - Dane Sanzenbacher Ohio State receiver highlights[/ame]
    Last edited by Chiefster; 02-16-2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

I would not mind seeing us draft a Rb this year. I say keep Jones on this team and draft a RB so that you have a guy learning from him. It would be a good move for the Chiefs to do. I don't think it should be a 1st rounder but I think it would be a smart thing to do. Although Jackie Battle is there. I just have not seen enough out of him to be sure he is that guy. Hopefully we see that this comeing season.

I'm also not against a rb and I liked your picks. But a 1st rd rb pick would make a lot of people angry. I think Thomas Jones' ypc average was down because of the predictability of his plays. If he was in the game, the chiefs were running between the tackles. I think tj has plenty left in the tank for the role he is filling. Taking a rb before the 3rd round would be a big mistake IMO.
    Nice mock overall.
    Last edited by Coach; 02-13-2011 at 06:32 PM.

could always throw in one of the OTs in the 1st round or one of the OLBs...the reason i didnt do that is because all the mocks ive seen so far have been similar so i decided to try to shake it up a little

RB in the 1st rd would not make much sense. Weniski (sp) OC will not be there by the time we pick in the 2nd rd. I doubt if Ellis last until the 4th.

Some likes and dislikes about this mock.

I do like the idea of Drafting another RB to succeed Jones, However I don't think they should do it this year, especially as our 1st round pick.

This RB class is not a strong one, There may not even be one taken in the 1st (I think the only mocks I have seen have Ingram going in the 1st to either Miami or New England and LaSoure going in the 2nd)

We have bigger needs at other positions that should be addressed with our 1st rounder (but next year or a later round this year I wouldn't be opposed to)

I do like Casey Mathews.... I was thinking about it the other day, he might actually be a steal. Clay was actually a walk-on at USC and I believe one of the only players that wasn't listed as a starter for their respective college and still drafted in the 1st round.... my point with that is as you said the intangibles. He comes from a football background, hard working family, that fights to be the best. I saw and interview with Clay Mathews that said he felt he had to work his hardest every snap to get a chance and he is finally getting his shot, wasn't highly scouted out of HS but worked his butt off to get where he is now, and I would think Casey would have that same mentality.. The type of mentality that Pioli likes (hard worker, determined, devoted to football for the love of the game not the money or the fame.) Wouldn't mind it, and wouldn't be surprised to seem him in red next season!