Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: larry fitzgerald

Default larry fitzgerald

havent seen to much about him but back when we played the cardinals he was asked what he thinks of todd haley. his replied said hed play for haley even if he had to go to canada, pop warner, back to college. he loves and respects haley. he also in line for a new contract. yes id expect getting him would cost alot but pioli has a magic gift to get what he wants. id be willing to give this and next years first round picks. we know how difficult it will be to get a must have player at pick 22 fitz would solidify our receiving core it would give cassel that much more confidence and i expect bowe would be more humble

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    He will remain in Az. They will get Kolb which is who Fitz wants.....
    This is more likely... but we can dream can't we? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    This is more likely... but we can dream can't we? haha
    Ya know, now with this whole FA fiasco because of the CBA, who know's......

Cassel to Fitz.....not to shabby of a combo
    Play Goal line blitz for FREE
    Kind of like a Madden sim but way more involved. Create players, develop them, own teams, build stadiums, GM teams, ect.

I think we could get him for our #1 this season and a later pick next season (maybe a #4, I am thinking). I think it is worth it because Fitzgerald is potentially the best receiver in the NFL. He is one of the few guys who will go get the ball and he will make our offense and Cassel instantly much improved.

I can't think of another player we could get who would guarantee the impact that Fitzgerald does....

think about it jamall and tj in the backfield moeaki at tight end fitz,bowe outside and mccluster at slot/returner/wildcat damn i like it. i agree that alot of our draft most be focused on our lines we will need a center and nt and olb i still could see casey coming back then we sign saun rogers bring in a young guy behind him, need a olb even though i love studebaker and hali and bring in a safety like atogwe or bob sanders to rotate with lewis. asomoah is a future starting guard to replace waters so im not worried there

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I think we could get him for our #1 this season and a later pick next season (maybe a #4, I am thinking). I think it is worth it because Fitzgerald is potentially the best receiver in the NFL. He is one of the few guys who will go get the ball and he will make our offense and Cassel instantly much improved.

I can't think of another player we could get who would guarantee the impact that Fitzgerald does....

I agree that he is worth it. He would drastically improve our Offense and the things we would be capable of executing.

I don't know about the 1st rounder this year just because I think if we want to contend within the next few years we will need help from our 1st couple pick this year (similar to last season with berry, mccluster, moeaki, and lewis), i think we should trade back this year to acquire more picks (like to pick 28 or 33 with New England and land another 2nd or 3rd rounder.)

I'm not opposed to next years first rounder and another pick either next year or this year. I'm pretty sure that Fitz will be a FA after this upcoming season anyways, so it might be a waist to give away our first rounder this year, when we may just be able to land him through FA next off-season, and be in better position to make a playoff push.

Cute story........

Haley wary of Fitz’s tackling skills

Posted by Darren Urban on February 27, 2011 – 8:49 am

Had a chance to talk to Chiefs coach (and former Cardinals offensive coordinator) Todd Haley yesterday when he opened the conversation about the long-past pickup basketball games we both used to take part in. Haley (who was wearing his NFC championship ring) isn’t playing hoops right now after tearing his quad muscle in his right leg — he’s rehabbing now — and that led to discussion about when he hurt it.
    He actually hurt it right before the Cardinals played in Kansas City this season. Haley was trying to keep the injury out of the spotlight, but he couldn’t stop thinking about a Larry Fitzgerald tackle.
    A little background: Fitz likes to tackle. It comes out of nowhere, completely random. I’ve seen him take down teammates, strength coach John Lott and media members (Yes, I have been a victim). And Haley, who was targeted more than a few times when he coached in Arizona, was thinking about dealing with a good-natured Fitz wrap-up in Kansas City. He went so far to send a message to Fitz through an intermediary imploring Fitzgerald not to take him down.
    At one point right before the game, with Haley limping toward the locker room, Fitz was coming the other way for some reason, and began running toward Haley. The worst-case scenario went through Haley’s head and he yelled to Fitz to be careful. But Fitzgerald was ready, assuring Haley — with whom Fitzgerald grew close in their time in Arizona — he knew better, before giving him a much more gentle embrace.
    And no, I do not expect Fitzgerald to play defensive back any time soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12