Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

Default NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

NFL files unfair labor practice charge against players' union

I am not sure how much of this is just a plow, or what, but the NFL, NOT THE OWNERS, but the league itself has filed suit against the players for non-negotiation.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    In the same sense. I think the other leagues CBA is what ruins the game. Those leagues are very lop sided. Be careful with what you are asking for. It may not benefit your favorite team.
    There is nothing more true than this statement. Take a look at baseball and see where things are right now. You have a team even like the Cardinals who have arguably the best player in the league and they cannot afford the 30 million per year it will take to sign him.

It is easy to say pay them, but where is the money coming from. This whole statement "pay them" yeah, that is the kind of thing we hear all the time from people who think that the rich just sit back and watch money roll in hand over fist.

The problem here is that the players largely think the same thing. A CBA like baseball has would certainly allow players to get rich, and there will be a few owners who will also still get rich, but then the rest of the teams will suffer. For me, I do not want to see the league become a place where the same teams are winners year in and year out. It is already on the cusp of being a problem as it is.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

No Diet Coke, no football - make Chiefster something, something.

Here's the problem I have with the whole thing of the players saying pay me more, pay me more. In the end the people that end up paying the players are the fans. So if the owners give up more money to the players where do you think the owners are going to get it? That's right the fans. So go ahead players, scream to the heavens SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! and watch yourself get priced out of a job.

Yes the players are the product and the employees but they didn't take the risk to start up the business. If you don't like what you're getting paid go work another job...oh that's right you aren't going to get paid like that anywhere else are you. Put your head down and play ball.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Here's the problem I have with the whole thing of the players saying pay me more, pay me more. In the end the people that end up paying the players are the fans. So if the owners give up more money to the players where do you think the owners are going to get it? That's right the fans. So go ahead players, scream to the heavens SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! and watch yourself get priced out of a job.

Yes the players are the product and the employees but they didn't take the risk to start up the business. If you don't like what you're getting paid go work another job...oh that's right you aren't going to get paid like that anywhere else are you. Put your head down and play ball.
    I 100% agree with this. I have been saying all along that while the owners are being greedy in this whole deal so are the players and that it's going to take both sides to stop being greedy and both agree to give up on some things to work out a deal. I think that it will happen before the season is set to start but I think it will be late may to june before it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post

I find the financial risk that these owners are being credited with to be next to nothing.

I don't find losing a few million of your billion dollar pile as a risk.

I see it as a luxury.

Same as everyone points out what a luxury it is to be able to play the game for the rewards that they get.

The most notable difference? Someone has to work and make actual risks for the product to exist.

I hear it all the time "I work hard for everything I have!". Yet nobody I have ever met works as hard as a professional athlete, and the owners most certainly don't. Yet it is always the guy who is actually working for the money that gets the blame for greed.

I mean... "So if the owners give up more money to the players where do you think the owners are going to get it? That's right the fans." Here, you have the players being blamed for the owners raising prices for higher profits.

The owners have cancelled the existing contract.

The owners are demanding more work.

The owners are demanding to pay less to the players.

The owners want to put restrictions on rookie salaries.

The owners walked out on the last bargaining session, after being offered 80% of their financial demands.

The players are not demanding more pay. They have offered to take less.

Somehow, with all of the demands that the owners are making, they are going to accuse the other side, in court, of not making serious negotiations?

And yet the consensus seems to be to find a way to deflect blame from the owners onto the players that actually work for the money that we put into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I find the financial risk that these owners are being credited with to be next to nothing.

I see it as a luxury.

Same as everyone points out what a luxury it is to be able to play the game for the rewards that they get.

The most notable difference? Someone has to work and make actual risks for the product to exist.

I hear it all the time "I work hard for everything I have!". Yet nobody I have ever met works as hard as a professional athlete, and the owners most certainly don't. Yet it is always the guy who is actually working for the money that gets the blame for greed.

I mean... "So if the owners give up more money to the players where do you think the owners are going to get it? That's right the fans." Here, you have the players being blamed for the owners raising prices for higher profits.

The owners walked out on the last bargaining session, after being offered 80% of their financial demands.

Somehow, with all of the demands that the owners are making, they are going to accuse the other side, in court, of not making serious negotiations?

And yet the consensus seems to be to find a way to deflect blame from the owners onto the players that actually work for the money that we put into the game.
    So you are all for what the players want?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    So you are all for what the players want?
    Which is...?

Improved healthcare for the average player?

Are there some other demands?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

I see it as a luxury.

While you and I have been through this time and time again I just have a question If a judge would find that the NFLs claim has merit and rule in there favor would that show you that the players are a bigger part of the problem then what you thought before? I no that's a big if I am just curious to know if that would change your thoughts on this whole mess.

I just can't help believe that both sides have an equal part in this whole mess. The both need to do some give and take.

These are my thoughts about this issue:

* The players are rich, being payed enormous amounts of money, but economically they deserved it, because none else can do what they do at their level, and pro football is a very profitable industry.

* In every sport league around the world, what most owners seeks, isn't a good profit, it's being a sport venture owner. If you take a look in EPL (English Premiere League), a lot of owners are just rich people, who don't know what to do with their money (poor rich people). How many NLF owners lives from their football incomes?

* In this particular case, the owners are the ones that opted out of current CBA, players don't want to get more money, but not less.

* Salary scale for draft is horrendous. There it is something to improve. NLF teams pays for what the players did in college, not in the league. It's nonsense.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast